Prs Custom 24 Measurements

Been taking measurements of my CU 24 with a trem and thought I would share, just to, and just to see if anyone thought I was off on anything.

End Of Headstock To Nut = 6 1/8"

From Nut To Bridge Saddle = 25 1/2"

Width Of Body At Largest Point = 13"

Depth Of Neck Joint = 1 5/16"

Length Of Body At Longest Point = 17 3/4"

Depth Of Neck without fingerboard = 3/4" (mine is a wide thin)

Body Thickness = 1 7/8" (Mahogany Back is 1 1/8" leaving maple cap thickness at 3/4")

Neck Angle = 3.5 degrees

Headstock Angle = 13 degrees

I'm looking to get the bits together to build a guitar based on a PRS 24 so thanks a lot for this thread :D Any chance that you could add a measurement for the widest part of the heastock where it flares out? I'd like to get an idea of how wide the neck blank I get needs to be.

Thanks.

I'm looking to get the bits together to build a guitar based on a PRS 24 so thanks a lot for this thread :D Any chance that you could add a measurement for the widest part of the heastock where it flares out? I'd like to get an idea of how wide the neck blank I get needs to be.

Thanks.

Sure, I'll measure today.

• 2 weeks later...
At the very end of the fretboard it came out to 2 1/4". At the nut it was 1 11/16"

Cheers. You said the 2 1/4 was at the end of the fretboard, so that sounds like widest bit of the main part of the neck, but I was trying to get a measurement for the widest part of the headstock where it flares out just beyond the nut as that looks like it will be wider and I want to try and make the neck out of a single piece of wood. Any chance you could check that at some point?

At the very end of the fretboard it came out to 2 1/4". At the nut it was 1 11/16"

Cheers. You said the 2 1/4 was at the end of the fretboard, so that sounds like widest bit of the main part of the neck, but I was trying to get a measurement for the widest part of the headstock where it flares out just beyond the nut as that looks like it will be wider and I want to try and make the neck out of a single piece of wood. Any chance you could check that at some point?

He means at the last fret... not the nut end.

• 2 weeks later...