Project S907 #2

S907 #2

Padauk neck attached to a super thin Sapele/Spalt-Flame Maple topped body with hipshot parts and custom pickups.

Agian aiming for a dark sounding 7 string light enough to enjoy.

Neck : Padauk

Fretboard : Ziricote

Scale : 25.5

Frets : 24

Trussrod : ALLPARTS

Body : Sapele/Splated-Flame Maple (33mm)

Tuners : Hipshot

Pickups : Diablo 7 Strings

Bridge : Hipshot

Electronics : 1 Vol 3-way

Body blank

P7140031.jpg

Ziricote Fretboard

P7140034.jpg

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be even nicer!!!!!! Love the top and the neck.

Thanks Dave.

The top's pretty interesting. I see a person sitting with their hands together, and the vag looking part is the part between the hands

I am going to have to do a little Drak fill in the hole in the middle. Hopefully it ends up close to the bridge... I should measure it... but there is no fixing it so...

Scarf joint cut.

P7200073.jpg

Originally I had planned to use a black veneer in the scarf joint but I noticed when I cut the veneer that it seemed softer than I would like. So for the heck of it I clamped a sample in the vice and wacked it with the hammer. The one side split right on the veneer. The other side the Padauk fractured and the veneer stayed. I am not going to risk a neck with results like that. So I came up with a different idea... you will have to wait and see.

P7200075.jpg

P7200076.jpg

Spalted Flame top without the Gorilla and the Padauk body. I came no were near the padauk with the router... I have learned my lessons. I love the look and stability of Padauk. I hate the orange dust, the tear out, and the cantankerous nature when it comes to blades.

P7210083.jpg

P7210084.jpg

So the tape is to prevent the titebond from bleeding through. Then we sand it up because you have to freshen up the wood in order for the titebond to work properly. Then acetone to clean it. And every clamp in the shop.

P7210099.jpg

P7210100.jpg

P7210102.jpg

The shop was over 100 F today. To hot to work...

And flood control sucks.

• 4 weeks later...

Well do to overwelming demand this is converted to a 6 string... no longer a 7 string. I needed to get 2 prototypes done in short order so I am converting this one. I have a few customers awaiting this model and need to have something they can test out. Plus I will probably keep this one for a while to loan out.

P8170164.jpg

P8170169.jpg