Guitar Of The Month For September

The Project Guitar.com "Guitar of the Month" contest is a showcase for all the members, so show us your axe in this thread!

This contest is open to any and all members that enter and will be continued each month for a place showing your creation on the homepage!

The winner(s) of course will have his/her guitar featured on the homepage of Project Guitar.com and if you have a website the picture will link directly to it if you so choose (even commercial site's).

If your a forum member you will also be upgraded to a Featured member which allows you to see the Advanced Chat section and download area.

So show us your creation in this thread! You've got till sometime around the 23rd or 24th of August then this thread gets locked and the voting starts!

Any Post that is not an entry will be deleted, feel free to start a new thread to discuss any guitar entered this month

There may be more then one poll to determine winners in different catagorys at the end of this contest!

Please post a maximum of your 4 best pictures per guitar entered

Make sure Your Guitar has a Name or Nick Name as well otherwise one will be given to it :D

Side note, if you are unable to post a picture you can e-mail one to Brian and it will be posted for you, or ask forum members how to post pictures, they are very helpful.

I used to post under "thebadger" but I lost my login info.

Here is my latest guitar...I guess I will call it "Silky B's 9 String Gitfiddle"

It is a 9 string guitar with the 3 high strings having double strings like a 12 string to get that chorus-y sound.

Some of the specs

Carved flame maple top with a purple/reddish stain

Body wood is alder

Neck wood maple

Fretboard is ziricote

Faux body binding

Flame maple neck binding

MOP diamond fretboard inlay

Headstock logo is gold leaf w/ nitro clear over it

22 jumbo frets

24.75 scale length

Gotoh tuning machine

Gotoh bridge

Recessed knobs,switch and straplocks

PAF style humbuckers

Bone nut

All hardware on the back is black to hide it better

Nitro black on the body/neck, Nitro clear over whole guitar

7-3.jpg

3-8.jpg

8-1.jpg

4-8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This one is called the

OM Wanna-B

Yes, it's just an acoustic, but it's my first and I am more than happy with the way it turned out, and especially the way it sounds!

The pics :

realisations20_1.jpg

realisations20_2.jpg

realisations20_3.jpg

realisations20_4.jpg

The build thread : Here

The recap :

Finished : August 4, 2010 (a year to the day I began!)

Scale lenghth: 645 mm

Spruce top, with single tortoise binding

Mahogany back and sides

Mahogany neck

Macassar ebony fingerboard with W/B/W binding, Gibson-style

Rosewood bridge

Bolt-on neck joint

Rosewood headstock veneer with pearl dragonfly inlay and engraved "B" logo

Finish : gloss lacquer on body, teak oil & carnauba wax on neck

Here is an mp3 sample I made (it's an acoustic cover of an '80's French disco song by Dalida)

I hope you guy like it.

Cheers,

The Hand of Doom

Iommi inspired 23 fret Sapele SG. The neck is 13 piece Sapele/Bocote/Walnut with an Bocote Fretboard. Bookmatched Ziricote top with hooded winged figure in the grain. The Diablo mini humbucker is designed and wound to play the intro to Black Sabbath's Black Sabbath.

The most evil cantankerous malcontent guitar I have ever built. Threw itself of the bench while I was building it and cracked its horn. The fretboard lost a fret ending up with only 23... I must have been mezmerized by the figure. The control plate had to be made 3 times as it kept curling up. While carving the top moved continually and reveals new cracks everyday. The finish went bad and had to be completely sanded off. The headplate, top, and body all reveled seams after finishing.

Specs --

Neck : Sapele/Bocote

Fretboard : Bocote

Scale : 24.75

Frets : 24

Trussrod : Allparts double action

Body : Sapele/Exotic Top

Tuners : Chrome Hipshot

Pickups : Handwound Diablo Mini Humbucker

Bridge : Chrome Gotoh 510

Electronics : Volume and three way switch

This started as a straight tribute to Iommi... it is now something of its own. The hand of doom.... maybe.

Build Thread

Website Gallery

HandOfDoom_00.png

HandOfDoom_10.png

HandOfDoom_04.png

HandOfDoom_06.png

Top before parts installed

Early neck shot

• 3 weeks later...