Build.

This is more of an idea that came to me while I was at work. I won't be explaining much in it, as most of you know the drill.

The idea I'm working with will probably make some people say "meh..." but I've never seen it done, and I want to do it.

This is my experimental inexpensive build.

Cherry = $10

I did one of those. Scraps except for some 6/4 african mahogany for the core which was also $10. My friend and I used it to build a maple topped and backed (with bloodwood and more maple center stripes to get the scrap maple wide enough) telecaster, and then used vinyl purfs we'd never use and curly mahogany off-cuts from the sides of an acoustic he was building to bind it. Needless to say, we don't really like tele's so when we got done with the body we kinda said "and why did we do that?" and gave it to a friend's kid to finish. Hahahah. But yeah, the low-price projects are fun for what they are, and are great to learn new things on... like how to get curly mahogany to bend around a tele horn hahaha.

Chris

Are those inlaid, or fully through the whole blank? I ask cause if it's all the way through the blank... that could present some issues.

Also, Untitled_Project, search for Russ Garehan's "rising sun" tank top build. He does something similar to this and gives a decent idea of how it will look like when finished... provided I'm right about what's going on here...

Chris

Are those inlaid, or fully through the whole blank? I ask cause if it's all the way through the blank... that could present some issues.

Also, Untitled_Project, search for Russ Garehan's "rising sun" tank top build. He does something similar to this and gives a decent idea of how it will look like when finished... provided I'm right about what's going on here...

Chris

Hi Chris,

I think the slots go only some millimeters into the surface. Could be cool !!

Chris

Or this one:

285_JFCustom_Body2Web2_1.jpg