Entry for July 2019's Guitar Of The Month is now open!
ENTER HERE

Workingman

Bbq And Blues

Your video went away.

Turns out Head County is basically Kansas City style suace and spices.....which is what I grew up with. You remember the old days of Monday Night Football with Al Michaels and John Madden and how they said Arrowhead Stadium had the best smelling parking lot in the league? It's that kind of good.

SR

• Like 1

I like Kansas City style sauce. Its hard to get around here but when I lived in California there was a KC style place a few minutes away. The link was a Blind Lemon Jefferson tune.

It had the title showing it was Blind Lemon Jefferson but when I try to play it it says this video has been removed by the user.

Weird.

SR

Hi Scott, We did OK. Things in our building are normal. Around us it is weird. Most places look like nothing much happened and than you walk a few feet further and there is extensive damage. I have not been able to get in touch with much of my family who are in New Jersey. My wife just excepted a new job. Today she found out their office lobby is still under water. Its just weird. We are several miles from the fires and I don't think we had any deaths in the area. So much infrastructure has been damaged that it is impossible to know what "normal" life" will be like. Thanks for asking.

Dave Hole........good stuff. I've got some of him that I haven't listened to in several years; I'm going to have to dig it back out. The story is that when Gary Moore heard this guy, he was impressed enough to invite him to tour with him, some years ago I expect.

I'm going to have to try to smoke a turkey some time. Once a year is usually enough turkey for me.....but smoked turkey is the best way to go in my opinion.

What kind of beer do you have lined up?

SR

Well actually I was drinking wine. Smoked turkey is great. We are doing a roast turkey that is marinated in Guinness. Smells good so far. Have a great Thanksgiving all.

Thanks. Now I'm going to have to look some of that up. I've seen Snowy White on stage with Pink Floyd on the Animals tour and with Roger Waters a couple of years ago, plus on a couple of Thin Lizzy albums and a Peter Green album, but it never occurred to me to look into his solo stuff. I've never even seen any. So between this and Meena from you and Alien Love Child from Wes, I've got a few new artists to check out.

...and I'm pretty sure there's a brisket out there waiting for me to smoke it up this weekend.

SR

Well its been a while but the 4th seems like a good time to resurect this thread. I have a pork but smoking. Its a bit different this time in that I got my hands on some mesquite (hard to find up here in the NE). Sure does smell good. I also have some garlic scapes on the smoker. I think I invented that. They looose some of the harshness when they are smoked. I am drinking a Harpoon IPA and will be putting some music on soon. Happy Independence Day all.

I had a great night tonight making pasta and blasting some Muddy Waters with some Spanish wine.

Not exactly BBQ & blues... or beer, but if you're willing to compromise, I'm willing to accept it.

• Like 1

Sadly, I did not get to BBQ yesterday....but for a couple of pretty good reasons. I was just finishing up the ribs and pulled pork from last weekend. And I'm pointing the car to NotYou's neck of the woods tomorrow, so any leftover BBQ would have gone to waste. And that's an unspeakable crime.

I had a couple of summer brews. New Belgium Rolle Bolle and Shiner Ruby Redbird. And of course random blues played all day. I'm going to see Tab Benoit tonight, and Robert Plant and Red Rocks next week.

SR

I'm admittedly a vegetarian, so I wouldn't have been any help either.

For sure. I know of numerous ways to stuff and grill mushrooms (especially portobelli). If you're creative, you can grill some amazing stuff without meat.

I actually eat fish on occasion, so I'm not so bad. I'm not against meat, I just stopped liking it and felt street without it. I still LOVE the smell of BBQ.

I even have some catfish in the fridge right now waiting for the grill. :)

I have started making me a new smoker. Been awhile since I had one. I've had uprights, side draft stick burners and pits before.

I was given this used propane Stainless Steel Upright, fully insulated that didn't work correctly. Could only get the temp down to 300* average temp 350*.

I have gutted the burners and making some repairs ( seals, filling holes). Once that's done, I will be converting it to electric with digital PID temp control. Also will be adding a home made external smoke generator, large enough to get a 16 hour smoke without reload. This will also give me the ability to Cold smoke as well, HMMM!!! Think Smoked cheese. :)

This looks to be a promising build.

MK

smoker1.jpg

That should lead to all sorts of good stuff Mike.

I picked up all the fixin's for a brisket last night. This time tomorrow I'll be making smoke.

WOOHOO! :hyper

SR

Not my own work but I went to a BBQ place that opened up around here around a year ago. I had heard good reports but had tried their pulled pork at a block party type thing and been underwhelmed. Well the briscket was a different story, one of the best I have had. Not only that but they had an interesting beer list and were playing a variety of blues on the stereo. I got to talking with the bar tender and it turns out he is a guitarist who moved into town about a month ago. We may get together for a jam next week. When you add that the place is five blocks away and I am a happy guy.

• Like 1