Entry for February 2020's Guitar Of The Month is open - ENTER HERE!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Workingman

Bbq And Blues

So Now that I am back I have started on the Smoker makeover. I priced out materials for the smoke generator and they came up to about $150. I decided to just order the Magnum PIG from SmokeDaddys. Shipped with everything assembled $175. I already have all of the electronics that I need. So now to totally strip the box and get started. :)

http://www.smokedaddyinc.com/smokers.htm

So I started with taking out all of the guts. including the rack mounts so I could remove the back wall and expose the insulation. I made a slot in the insulation for the Thermo couple and embedded the wire. cut some holes in the back wall and reinstalled. I still need to make a bracket for the Themocouple and seal/cover the hole.

Picture one the gas burner crap that will be removed permanently. :)

smkguts.jpg

The back insulation I slotted to embed the Tcouple wires in.

thermo1.jpg

Back wall inplace over TCouple.

thermo2.jpg

Well my SmokeDaddy smoke generator came in and I tried it out. Damn, once I got it lit to test it, I about smoked myself out of the garage, and no it was outside. Sumbich that thing really puts out the smoke. Even the cats were choking out on the driveway. My wife is gonna be pissed as her Durango was sitting close and I think it may have a permanent smell in it now

LOL!!

MK

Well my SmokeDaddy smoke generator came in and I tried it out. Damn, once I got it lit to test it, I about smoked myself out of the garage, and no it was outside. Sumbich that thing really puts out the smoke. Even the cats were choking out on the driveway. My wife is gonna be pissed as her Durango was sitting close and I think it may have a permanent smell in it now

LOL!!

MK

<_<

SR

Made the TC cover today. Not the greatest job but will work fine. I'm messy with the high temp RTV ,will clean the excess once dry.. :)

Also installed the SmokeDaddy . :)

Ordered some more insulation from McMasterCarr. Need it for the wiring areas inside the covers I need to make. :)

cover1.jpg

smd1.jpg

Looking good. BTW Mike, your wife should be greatfull for the pleasant outdoorsy sent her Durango now has. I meen, its a Durango, not a prius. It should smell of smoke.

Looking good. BTW Mike, your wife should be greatfull for the pleasant outdoorsy sent her Durango now has. I meen, its a Durango, not a prius. It should smell of smoke.

LMAO!! I'm not sure she agrees. :)

I'd like to add this, it's long (you'd better save it for when you're smoking something), but you'll be hard pressed to find better blues than SRV & The Velvet Bulldozer himself Mr. Albert King:

I have the cd from that session, it is truly great stuff. I'm going to have to set aside some time to watch it.

I took a minute to decide what kind of fire you were recommending lighting......

I see videos still embed for you.

SR

Yeah Scott, that wasn't my original intent, but it does seem that I left it up to interpretation. :rolleyes:

It wouldn't let me embed from this page, but it didn't give me a problem from the "more reply options," page, I used the media button, rather than bbcode or the html iframe method.

The My Media button? You have to load it onto your own computer first, instead of just linking from youtube like what used to work?

SR

Smoking some bacon but no tunes. I guess folks here don't know but I am close to deaf without hearing aids (no hearing in one ear and a 40db loss in the other). My hearing aid broke on Wednesday night while I was away in Qubec. I am in Vermont now but my backup is in NYC. Tonight when I get back to NY and hearing land I think I will have to crank some tunes to celebrate. Any appropraite suggestions.

I also am also smoking a peach. A friend of my wife told her about it and so I am giving it a try. A salad with greens, bacon, smoked, peach, and some pecans is what I plan.

Smoking a peach.

Why not. How did it come out? I smoked up what was my best couple of racks of ribs to date.

It has got to be tough to be a musician with a hearing loss.....

So, this is a day late but how about some sonny Landreth.

I have got to see this guy sometime. I want to get up close and watch how he does that.

SR

The peach was so good that it never made it to ths sald. Yea hearing loss sucks. It was much worse when I was a kid. With the hearing aid I am pretty close to normal. For some reason the clip wouldn't play for me. I will look him up though.

Huh, I didn't test it originally, but it worked for me just now. See if you can find this one, it has one of the better displays of his unique technique.

SR

@ScottR

Krogers has butts, shoulders and picnics on sale up here for 0.99lb this weekend not sure if that applies in Houston. :)

Looks good.

Thanks,

Now after installing 1" of thermal insulation and the wiring under that, I installed the burner in the box.. :)

burner2.jpg