Glove Recommendations?

I searched for this but couldn't find much.

I'm discovering that some gloves would really come in handy for guitar work. It's getting annoying having metal or wood dust on my fingers and it's also a problem when trying to clean and polish finishes as my sweat can leave marks.

Any recommendations on some general shop gloves? I'd like them to be fitted and flexible so that I have freedom of movement to do what I need to. I don't think thick heavy duty gloves are necessary as I'd use them simply as a barrier.

I was thinking of getting some latex gloves. I might also consider something like this: http://www.axminster.co.uk/uvex-profas-pol...ves-prod807536/

Any thoughts on the best for general work?

Could I use the same type for finishing work and handling chemicals (e.g: acetone) or would you recommend a different type of glove for that kind of work?

Thanks for the help! :D

for finishing work id say youll need nitrile gloves to resist the chemicals. The blue ones dentists use are good. Black knight nitrile gloves are good and so are the diamond ones. Mechanics use them alot too. My mechanic gets his from "a guy in a truck" haha but i will say they are tough as hell and come in many sizes that should fit you. They are like ten bucks a box and are disposable and dont have that dumb powder in them.

http://www.benmeadows.com/Best-Black-Knigh...isredirect=true

Not a big glove user, but I have a box of Harbor Fright light blue Nitrile gloves. They are not very tough. Often I'll tear a hole in one finger after some moderate use. Instead of throwing the glove away, I'll keep it around to cut the fingers off to slip one over another glove that I've worn a hole through.

I also have a handful of dark blue nitrile gloves that were a free sample. Can't remember the place that gave 'em away, but they seem to be tougher than the HF ones.

I use gloves as little as possible, 'cause they make my hands sweat and that's worse than 75% of the grime I can wash off my hands easily enough.

Not a big glove user, but I have a box of Harbor Fright light blue Nitrile gloves. They are not very tough. Often I'll tear a hole in one finger after some moderate use. Instead of throwing the glove away, I'll keep it around to cut the fingers off to slip one over another glove that I've worn a hole through.

I also have a handful of dark blue nitrile gloves that were a free sample. Can't remember the place that gave 'em away, but they seem to be tougher than the HF ones.

I use gloves as little as possible, 'cause they make my hands sweat and that's worse than 75% of the grime I can wash off my hands easily enough.

I suggest using gloves for most events that include gluing, finishing, or sanding with anything other than water.

Stay away from the latex gloves as they can discolor finishes... anyway enough about gloves.

I guess I come from the really old school where you wash your hands frequently. Gloves can be a great help for many, but when you block the feeling in your hands, you miss imperfections you cannot see.This being said, I would agree with Nitrile and thin tight cotton would probably be your best bets.