Make Your Own Clamps

Ripthorn

Wish I had time to make them... but when I am in the shop I am working on guitars as much as possible. Maybe this winter...

yeah, that lack of time thing sucks. But, I chose this job, it didn't choose me...LMAO

Wish I had time to make them... but when I am in the shop I am working on guitars as much as possible. Maybe this winter...

yeah, that lack of time thing sucks. But, I chose this job, it didn't choose me...LMAO

Unlike the Government I went with the highest bidder.... :D

As for the luthiers clamps... I liked having a set of clamps with cork on the face that I could use for delicate operations during repairs. But in the raw building business I haven't missed them as much as I thought I would.

As for the luthiers clamps... I liked having a set of clamps with cork on the face that I could use for delicate operations during repairs. But in the raw building business I haven't missed them as much as I thought I would.

Not sure what "Raw building" is, (I mill all of my wood and go from there, no knock offs, no wood parts from suppliers, I build em, just original design) :DB) . I've been a luthier for 26 years, and a worker in the industry for 30+, and I always have use for cam clamps. Ken Smith still uses them to do their fretboard glue ups. I use them for any task I can. They are so useful in 1 handed situations like quick grips, but with a wider clamping foot. just a good all around clamp.

Not sure what "Raw building" is, (I mill all of my wood and go from there, no knock offs, no wood parts from suppliers, I build em, just original design) :DB) . I've been a luthier for 26 years, and a worker in the industry for 30+, and I always have use for cam clamps. Ken Smith still uses them to do their fretboard glue ups. I use them for any task I can. They are so useful in 1 handed situations like quick grips, but with a wider clamping foot. just a good all around clamp.

By "Raw Building" I meant building from scratch. Sorry for the confusion.

And I didn't say I didn't have uses for them... I said I didn't miss them as much as I thought I might. I think the quick-grips have replaced them. I am pretty sure that if I started building acoustics again I would have more uses for them as the bigger foot is very useful in that light.