Stolen Basses

Flon Klar Guitars

59108_1579340931026_1460744465_31552130_2282754_n.jpg

These basses were stolen from my practice space in Salt Lake City, UT on Sep. 21. The 2 outer instruments were hand-built by myself, so I would really like to get them back. The ESP LTD DF-404 has a serial number of R0412016. If you see these basses, please call me at 801-633-1538 or the Salt Lake Police Dept. at 801-799-3000, or you can email me at flon_klar@yahoo.com. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't seen them but I'd recommend putting an add like this on any of the Craigslist sites for your area if you haven't already. That and the pawn shop are the two easiest places for someone to get rid of them and make money. I've seen it happen before and I say a guy get one back through Craigslist help ads. Best of luck

Actually, I was told by the police NOT to bring pix to the pawn shop. Once the pawn shop knows that they have purchased stolen goods, they will be very resistant to admitting that they have the basses in their possession, and the pawn shop will not want to lose the money they invested.

That's a very valid point. I hate a lot of pawn shops. They'll never admit to something being stolen or broken when they sell it to you. Wish they'd just man up about it.