Snug As A Bug In A Rug...

Boggs

One other nice advantage of the Mantis design... Two guitars, one ATA case... The two guitars combined way only 2/3 what the case empty weighs. One is for LP/335ish tones and the other is for Strat/tele type tones.

Dual_Mantis_Case_s.jpg

Edited by Boggs

The cutouts (in all of my guitars both symmetrical and asymmetrical) serves many functions. The output jack is on the inside of the left leg. With a right angle cable, you may break your collarbone, but it will not unplug itself if you step on the cable and you do not have to loop it through the strap although with a straight plug, you still could. It also makes the plug easy to find on a dark stage. If you like playing in a classical seating position, the cutout fits perfectly inside your right leg and the guitar will stay in the perfect playing position even if you take your hands off of the guitar. Also, if you stand the guitar and lean it against a wall or couch, it won't fall over and the two strap buttons (one on each leg) protect the bottom of the guitar. Add to that, if you move the strap button to the side with the plug, you can lay the guitar down and play slide overhand. For that matter, with no horns in the way, you can play overhand style and have full easy access to the entire neck... I think about stuff like this when I design a guitar... You can see a Mantis being played in the more classical seating position here...