How Do You Heat Your Shop?

pariah223

Another trick of mine is having the clothes dryer in the workshop with the outlet plumbed into a bucket to collect moisture instead of discharging to the outside..

Nothing like woodworking in a sauna :D

Sauna is dry, not humid :-\

You're thinking of a banya or hammams.

I always like cooking eggs in ours. :D

Yep. Nobody quite has it down for being sweaty than Texans ;-)

I've got to really figure out how to heat and cool my own workshop here in Finland when I get chance to build one again. The temps range from +35°C to -35°C or thereabouts, so it's definitely a big consideration. Put humidity on top of that and I've got a real adventure.

• 2 weeks later...
I recently moved into a house that has a 1 car garage (about 250 sq feet). Its a pretty small space and is fully insulated and everything but the ceiling is sheetrocked and taped. It currently has no heat in it and i have been using a kerosene heater to keep it warm when im working in there. I want to move to a better heating system that is less toxic and can be left on low when im not using the space. I am thinking of either getting a propane tank and a vent free heater, or going with a dayton g73 electric heater. Was just looking to get some insight from everyone here. I live in NY so i have pretty cold winters, but not completely brutal. Thanks!

I use a natural gas heater suspended fron the ceiling. I leave the shop at about 50 degrees Farenheit and turn it up when I need to. Works great in Northern Ontario. My walls and ceiling are insulated.

:D