Who Wants To See Another Corvus?

and Wez..... do it up! What kind of pickups would you use ,conventional or piezo?

i never got much past the drawing... but it would probably be pretty much like a normal electric bass with only a slightly tighter radius than standard to help with the bow action and keep it playable like a normal bass. I was kinda thinking it might be nice to be able to flip it from horizontal to vertical at whim for different style sof playing but still think it shoulr primarily be a normal bass guitar

if i was going for a proper upright fretboard radius i would be looking into individual string pickups like this

NS-elec-upright-150.jpg

individual string pickups are nothing new, but have never really taken off. I imagine they are easier to wind since you could just have a polepeice and round bobbin

they make a lot of sense for a smaller radius because of the individual height adjustemt - which will sound better (more balanced) than just un-screwing a polepiece a bit further on the middle strings which changes the tone a wee bit

John - I got two words for ya :

Cloth-covered-comic-inspired Corvus.( A comic book T-shirt should do the front and back. )

Considering that I'm a comic book junkie to begin with, that would be pretty sweet.

Thats what made me bring it up. You remember the Comicaster? I could see an Incredible Hulk Corvus........ put in a hot humbucker with a coil-cut and use it in single coil mode.

Until it gets ANGRY! lolz....... then kick in the bucker and shred! wo0t.

Just throwin stuff out there...

Wez - as usual , cool pics for ideas from you - love the individual pups. wonder what some piezo's under the fretboard at the 24th fret or so would sound like?

Hmmmmmm...... :D

Cloth-covered-comic-inspired Corvus.( A comic book T-shirt should do the front and back. )

Considering that I'm a comic book junkie to begin with, that would be pretty sweet.

Thats what made me bring it up. You remember the Comicaster? I could see an Incredible Hulk Corvus........ put in a hot humbucker with a coil-cut and use it in single coil mode.

Wez - as usual , cool pics for ideas from you - love the individual pups. wonder what some piezo's under the fretboard at the 24th fret or so would sound like?

I want to see a guitar made in honour of the greatest super hero in history..."arm fall off boy"..google him youll be amazed.

I want to see a guitar made in honour of the greatest super hero in history..."arm fall off boy"..google him youll be amazed.

No need to Google him. He auditioned for LOSH, I think in the late '60's. IIRC, they were too polite to reject him completely and put him on the reserves.

Like I said: comic book junkie.

Is arm fall off boy dangerous? :D

John, thanks for pointing out the balloon-knot shoulder thing he has. Thats just awesome.

Make an arm-fall-off guitar with removable attachments that can be a Corvus, or get bolt-on attachments to take on different forms, a super-guitar.

Just don't make the joints look like a butthole. :/

I've been researching the idea of an interchangeable unit for a while now.