Strato-Master

The Nintendamp

So I ordered a cheap (10 USD) amp from ebay it arrived with the cabinet busted so I decided to chuck the guts from it into my old NES and while I was at it I wired in the PCB from my Boss DS-1 Stomp box to be able to get some distortion out of the amp.

DSCN4766.jpg

DSCN4765.jpg

DSCN4758.jpg

DSCN4762.jpg

I really like the concept.When I build my container home I want to try to integrate my amp into the wall somehow..maybe into a cabinet system that will close and hold all of my essential gear inside...

I will try and get some vids of it up after I do some more tweaking to it. It really is still a prototype, The sound is nothing to die for yet but I plan on changing that after a little bit more research. Any comments on improvements to the looks or layout out the connections and controls would be welcome.

Your stomp boxes should look like controllers

I was actually planing on that I found some schematics at runoffgroove.com that should work. just need to order the parts.

are you gonna cut out a opening for the speaker or just let it play out the back?

any way pretty fun it could be cool to do the some effects in controlers like wes said.

also if you could find a old super nes to build the guitar that would be awsome.

Edited by Tim37

Yeah I'm working on that I'm trying to get the parts together to go for prototype #2 with the entire circuit on one board and in general better fitting of the components on the inside. Just got a decent soldering set up for the first time in my life.

What did you do with the NES boards and parts? I'd be interested in picking them up if you got them laying around....