Holy Figured Maple Batman

Strato-Master

Cannot vouch for seller just thought the store looked interesting and decided to share it.

http://stores.ebay.com/Superior-Maple-Products

I have used him... good shipping and customer service.

The wood was ok but he does not specify if it is hard maple of soft maple. I have 2 boards that I am almost positive are soft maple (very white and soft :D ). Also it is almost impossible from the pics to tell how the grain is running. Stuff was pretty dry and is still very straight. I have built one neck out of it and will be building some more this year.

Truth be told I would rather find it locally and dig through the pile...

Yeah me too but its hard for an American in Germany to get to do that when you don't speak much of the local language.

Point. Shipping to Germany is going to kill you. Get a "German to English book" and find a local that speaks English.

Huff posted a wicked wood store that was in German the other day... can't remember what thread. But if they were anywhere within driving distance it would be cool to check them out.

They actually do specify, in a way. If it's not stated outright, it's soft, but they do say if it's hard.

I just got a couple boards from them yesterday. Shipping is pricey, but the actual prices are decent, especially if you don't have a supplier nearby.

Nice to know... I like to know where it is from as well makes it easier for me to tell the possible species.

As for shipping I had him combine all my stuff and it wasn't out of line with anyone else's shipping. The original quote was stupid but the modified one was better.