Stepmax Trems

verhoevenc

• 9 months later...

I watched the videos....

So the big selling point is that the guitar stays in tune when you dive bomb.... most well setup tremolos will stay in tune when dive bombed as long as the saddles and nut don't catch the strings.

However, this bridge does nothing to stop tuning issues when you pull up on the bar. The saddles pull backwards, which still stretches the strings. In fact, I'd think the strings must stretch more than on a standard bridge to compensate for the fact that elongating the scale by pulling the saddles backwards would lower the pitch. I'm positive that pulling up on the bar would cause tuning issues.

I'm not basing it. Outside of the setscrew on the back of the bridge, its not overly ugly (to me anyways) but it only seems to address some of the ills of a tremolo instead of correcting them. To me, the Kahler is still the "go to" for tremolos. However, this is coming from a guy who prefers wrap around bridges.