Sanding In Tight Spots And Corners?

rkennett

If it is already mentioned somewhere, I apologize. I did try to search. I'm having trouble trying to figure out how to sand in routing cavities and the tight corners in them. For the most part I don't care and I'm putting shielding over it, but I want to fill one of the cavities and I assume it would be better to get the paint out of it, so I can glue wood onto wood.

Thoughts, ideas?

Thanks.

Edited by rkennett

Thanks kpcrash. I have some blades and other miscellaneous things I can work at it, too.

I posted this elsewhere and the suggestion was to use some paint stripper and scrape. It seems obvious now, but that's where I'll start.

• 4 weeks later...

For something that small and in tight corners for an area to get a block glued in, I like a small sanding drum in a Dremel on low speed. Just go light and it showed removed the paint in not time. Even if just to get through the thick poly and then finish up by hand.

i cleaned it out the best i could. i ended up cutting a poplar block to size as best as i could with the portable jigsaw. then i glued it in and put wood filler in the gaps that were still there from my sloppy cut. sanded it flat and here is the result.

0224111750-729399.jpg

• 3 weeks later...