Entry for December 2018's Guitar Of The Month is now open
Last spot for 2018's Guitar Of The Year!

ENTER HERE!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

_FR0D0

Looking for blueprints of RG or JEM with AANJ

Hi,

I'm in the process of cuting the body of my first guitar project. It will be an RG/JEM like guitar. But need a blueprint of the kind of guitar with AANJ neck joint.

Thanks

player

About the best I could do to help you would be to trace around an actual body, maybe one of the CAD guru's will come up with something soon that I can put in the download section :D

About the best I could do to help you would be to trace around an actual body, maybe one of the CAD guru's will come up with something soon that I can put in the download section :D

That's a good idea, the only problem is that I don't have any CAD software to use a CAD drawing. Do I need one, or are the drawings just drawings? Could I use some demo software to make a print out if not?

Oh, and would there be any copyright issues with making measured drawings and plans freely available?

Guest AlexVDL

Ahh dammit... still haven't got time to actually finish the bodies. I still haven't managed to get the holes for the neck screws right.... B)

Will be working on that this weekend!

:D

Please, it will be helpful if you do so and send a scaned image to me ---> "j a b e l a r d o @ c a n t v . n e t"

B)

Do we HAVE a download section????

If so, where is it?

If not, that would be a GREAT feature to add!!!!

I know I have stuff that I would put up there for everyone!

Dave K

Guest AlexVDL

Please wait a couple of days. I will send some AANJ drawing in 2d and 3d to Brian this weekend!

Peace rock

Oh, and would there be any copyright issues with making measured drawings and plans freely available?

All plan's are freely available through the patent office, it's what you use them for that can be of issue.

If your going to make a production guitar for sale to the public your barkin up the wrong tree and liable for lawsuit.

If your making it for yourself your perfectly safe.

Alas, I haven't had a scanner since 99'