Wood Score Today

Southpa

Well I scooped a trunkful of this HPIM1940.JPG and this HPIM1941.jpg today for 80 bucks! The guy has a basementful of western (bigleaf) maple, Garry oak, elm and red maple, stacked to the ceiling in some places, been collecting it for about 10 yrs. Hes going out of business (custom barstools, tables etc.) and wants to unload it all. I live right in the heart of figured maple country and these opportunities can happen often if you are vigilant. :D I got about 14 pieces in all, with a variety of spalt, burl, quilt, flame and just interesting grain patterns. This piece HPIM1943.JPG is going to be fun!

A bit of advice, don't be shy when it comes to selecting wood. If I see a choice piece on the bottom, better stand back, because there will be wood flying. :D Anyway, its been a while, just got a lot of acoustic repairs, setups and one restoration out the door and its time to concentrate on another project. A little inspiration can go a long way.

Edited by Southpa