Entry for September 2018's Guitar Of The Month is open!
ENTER HERE!

Sign in to follow this  
Brian

F.a.q. And Rules

Welcome to the Video Tutorial Library Section of Project Guitar

The world of video tutorials has grown quickly with the creation of You Tube (it is a wonderful thing but has few a simple problems)

That is where we step in with organization for easy reference and the ability for discussions which can benefit us (the people that actually use and need them).

Everyone in the forum including Guest visitors can easily access this area of the forum and watch the video's totally free in every category.

New members and Regular Members may start threads and post video's for practice (getting use to using the Video Tutorial Section) in the Practice Thread area only!

Posting and Replying in all other sections are restricted to I Donated, Featured, VIP, Moderators and Administrative Members.

If you have your own personal tutorial which can benefit the library and want to contribute it with posting and reply benefit's in all other sections post it in the Practice thread and upon review it will be moved to the proper section and you will be upgraded to a Featured member. (read the how to post thread to have it reviewed)

All Videos still need to adhere to the Basic Forum Rule's, those containing obsessive amounts of vulgar or bad language or bad references to other people or company's will be removed and the forum member will be given the appropriate action against his/her posting rights.

This is a new work in progress so the rules can and probably will change at any time!

so is this just for videos we produce ourselves or are we ok linking to other useful stuff on youtube without consent from the originator?

just want to be clear!

The way I look at it is they posted it for everyone to see on a global site so we can use any video and all were doing is freely sharing them but on a more organized level.

I'm thinking for the first few months everyone that makes a thread in the test area that is useful will be upgraded to a new member level called something like "Video Crew" so they can post directly in the relevant section.

The reason for restricting posting in those area's for now is to help keep them from being cluttered with non-relevant post's from people that are not used to this section of the forum yet.

Interesting... I like the idea. I sometimes video document jobs I do for other luthiers, and I give them credit in my videos. Other videos are more of a "how to" approach. Or, just for fun. My last video was more for fun than anything else. I posted it in a build thread because I prefer video over still pics. My question is: will this be the only section for videos, or will we (established members) still be able to post videos in build threads?

Actually trying to make this our personal library for reference so you could post in both sections but this area will stay visable longer instead of being archived.