Ovation Celebrity

I have an Ovation Celebrity CC44 Accoustic/Electric Guitar. The action is way too high, almost a quarter inch at the 15th fret. According to the manual online you should be able lower the action by taking out shims under the saddle. But this guitar has a pickup underneath the saddle and there are no shims. Another option is the shave the saddle which is difficult to do on this guitar because is has two posts. I would have to sand down the post and the base equally. I tried looking for a replacement saddle in case I mess up. Ovation is no help here and the local dealer for Ovation does not carry this type of saddle. The post is glued in so I can't lower is there unless if deepen the groves. I have turned the adjustment as far as I can without creating a buzz and it's still killing my fingers. I can't afford another guitar. Any suggestions?

Pictures would help. How straight is your neck? If you to much relief you may be able to do a truss rod adjustment. Shaving a bridge saddle can be tricky on an acoustic electric as the contact of the saddle to the piezo is important. You may be looking at a neck reset.

Pictures would help. How straight is your neck? If you to much relief you may be able to do a truss rod adjustment. Shaving a bridge saddle can be tricky on an acoustic electric as the contact of the saddle to the piezo is important. You may be looking at a neck reset.

How do I add pictures?