Good Deal On Dewalt 611 Router

HuntinDoug

Kinda looks like the missing link between a laminate trimmer and a full-sized router, and yes, looks like a good purchase indeed.

I found this pic on the website rather jarring...I would never in a million years operate a router with one hand...

W.T.F. is THAT all about? :D

DeWaltRouter.jpg

I would never in a million years operate a router with one hand...

Yea...I noticed the long sleeve too. Not a very realistic shop pic. I picked this one up to replace the PC 892 I use on the CNC. The 892 weighs 8.9 lbs...It's just too heavy for the machines design. The Dewalt weighs 4.1 lbs, but only has a 1/4" compacity. It will work well for smaller stuff & inlay. And, it has 2 LED's lights too. :D I'll throw the 892 back on the machine when I need some muscle.

Pretty much an identical design to the Bosch GKF 600 laminate trimmer which I have my eye on at the moment as a "first router". For anything larger I aim to go straight to a router table instead. The Bosch only has capacity for 1/4" also, although again, 1/2" scream "table" to me. For some strange reason we have a standard collet capacity of 8mm here in Finland. How odd! If that Dewalt comes with alternative collets, I will suck this one up like a crazy man.