Category 5 Amps

ScottR

I'm discovering that when I go see guitarists play these days, the ones that sound the best to me often turn out to be playing through category 5 amps. There are a bunch of artists on that artist page that I listen too regularly and see whenever I can.

So have any of you ever played through one of these?

My skill level comes nowhere close to justifying the cost of one of these.....but dang they sound good.

SR

Good as they are, it is also likely that the artists who use Category5 amps are discerning enough to "know" tone and how best to get the sound across in a live setting. Those amps are more than likely the icing on the cake. I don't think the Category5 amps make the majority of the difference, but the type of owners are likely at the top of their game. If you see what I mean.

They sounded great on the site's soundclips, and their ethic seems to cater for the real "classic combinations" tone freaks. Great if you love that kind of thing and have the wad.

Good as they are, it is also likely that the artists who use Category5 amps are discerning enough to "know" tone and how best to get the sound across in a live setting. Those amps are more than likely the icing on the cake. I don't think the Category5 amps make the majority of the difference, but the type of owners are likely at the top of their game. If you see what I mean.

They sounded great on the site's soundclips, and their ethic seems to cater for the real "classic combinations" tone freaks. Great if you love that kind of thing and have the wad.

I believe you've got it exactly right. The guys I've had the pleasure to see using them are definitely on top of their game. oddly enough, I went to a local club this past weekend and saw a band I had never heard of...and they were using Cat5 amps. I went back to the site and saw that the lead guitarist was a featured artist. Small world.

I do love that kind of thing.....but don't have the wad :D.

SR