My Tractor Supply Experience

HuntinDoug

Been on a "shop gear" buying spree the past few months. Growing ever tired of small inadequate power tools, so I've been upgrading. Today it was the compressor. I hammer my little 30 gal harbor freight special on a semi daily basis. So, I dont see it lasting much longer. I found a good price on a 60 gal/3HP Cambell-Hausfeld at my local Tractor Supply:

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tools/air-compressors-air-tools-accessories/air-compressors/campbell-hausfeld-reg-60-gallon-cast-iron-air-compressor-3310006

Fairly large at 71in tall and 254lbs. After dealing with the argumentative "customer service" lady :D , my wife and I pay for the compressor, and we are told to pull around back. Where we meet none other than Bevis and Butthead in the flesh. slap.gif They have the bright idea to load the upright style compressor with a dolly...and no strap conf45.gif I got to watch it fall like a tree from the loading dock to the bed of my truck.banghead.gif Fortunately, it missed taking out my rear window by about 6 inches.

It wasted the motor on the compressor, and put a nice big dent in the bed of my truck. But it is..well...a truck. So it's not a big deal really. Until Bevis tells me that it was my fault for standing 20 feet away and not stopping them. conf40.gif And that having things loaded is an "assumed risk". nixweiss.gif

Needless to say I had the manager load the replacement...The End :D

putting dent in my truck would result in a dent in yer face. You are entirly too leaniant with these brainless wonders. Id have had a replacement unit loaded by the manager & a nice discount to compensate for bangin up my truck bed.

But still. nice compressor. I have a 3hp 40gal unit that is way over spec for the workshop. next in my list (next weekend) is a planer thicknesser that has a 17 inch wide bed. then that WD1 we talked about in 8 weeks or so. massivly over spec tools are just soo much fun :D

a nice discount to compensate for bangin up my truck bed.

eh...I am the same way as Doug...truck beds are made for work,not to look good...rear window would have been a different story..

Besides..getting them to pay for the dent would never fly..the "assumed risk" part is correct as far as the bed or the odd scratch is concerned...truck window though..that would be gross negligence and would I think be upheld in court any day by any judge.

It's not an assumed risk if you continually hire idiots like that to load & unload materials (it's pretty much guaranteed). I would've been barking up the company tree until something happened. If no one says anything about it, those morons won't learn and someone could get hurt next time.

If no one says anything about it, those morons won't learn and someone could get hurt next time.

The solution is easy...TSC stops helping you load...that goes to a deeper issue of the state of America and the philosophy of punishing everyone for accidents..

The reason you only get "morons" is because people go too far and punish good employees for pure accidents,and then those people(being good people) don't stay at those jobs,leaving only "morons" who don't care about your truck to load.

I suppose you might be angry if TSC said "I'm sorry,we can't help you load because of liability issues,and you have to sign this release before you are allowed to load on our property"

I am not on their side,by any means,but our crybaby society is possibly doing this to ourselves?

It's not an assumed risk if you continually hire idiots like that to load & unload materials

Assumed risk for you,not TSC...by asking for help,you assume the risk...