Anyone tried this carving tool?

Guitarfrenzy

Yeah Brian, it's worth a try. Only problem I'm in the final stages of building one at this moment.. lol That's the way it goes though, but I did want to pass the information along since that's what we are here for is to share info. Hopefully we can all learn from on another. Maybe someone will try it out and find it works great.. Crosses fingers... I don't know when they came out with it, but it's the first time I've ever seen it before so not quite sure. Let us know if you decide to try it out.

"Precision woodcarving replicating machine makes expert copies up to 29'' x 29'' in size. Reproduces surfaces with three dimensional carvings by using any popular router (not included). Ideal for sign making.

Overall dimensions: 31-3/4''W x 31-1/4''L x 17-1/2''H "

Now wait, it is only 31" by 31" but can make a copy 29" by 29" ??? 29" times 2 = 58". ???? something not right here unless it scales up and that wouldn't be as accurate. I suspect

"Precision woodcarving replicating machine makes expert copies up to 29'' x 29'' in size. Reproduces surfaces with three dimensional carvings by using any popular router (not included). Ideal for sign making.

Overall dimensions: 31-3/4''W x 31-1/4''L x 17-1/2''H "

Now wait, it is only 31" by 31" but can make a copy 29" by 29" ??? 29" times 2 = 58". ???? something not right here unless it scales up and that wouldn't be as accurate. I suspect

What they mean by that is that you have a total work area of 29"x29". That means you have to divide the work area's width in half to see what size you can copy. Dividing that by 2 you get a total copy area of 14.5" wide X 29" long. And you'd want some clearance both ways I would think. So I would think you could actually cut something out that is 13.5" x 28" easily, but I would call and talk to them about it before I got too excited, because I don't know the actual travel space of the router or stylus.

I bet you are right. I bet the description is based on a translation so it is not exactly right.

Looked at pic again. Looks like router will hit top bar on right side limiting how far it will travel to the right. Looks like you may loose an inch or two. If you loose only one and allowing 1/2" to left and right of wood block this limits width of body to 13.5". May work but is close. If router limitation is 2" it will be close, maybe too close. Agree, a call may be in order but I suspect they can't tell you much since they don't know what router you will put on it. A small diameter router would be better I would think.

Interesting.