Guitar Of The Month For August

The Project Guitar.com "Guitar of the Month" contest is a showcase for all the members, so show us your axe in this thread!

This contest is open to any and all members that enter and will be continued each month for a place showing your creation on the homepage!

The winner(s) of course will have his/her guitar featured on the homepage of Project Guitar.com and if you have a website the picture will link directly to it if you so choose (even commercial site's).

If your a forum member you will also be upgraded to a Featured member which allows you to see the Advanced Chat section and download area.

So show us your creation in this thread! You've got till sometime around the 24th or 25th of July then this thread gets locked and the voting starts!

Any Post that is not an entry will be deleted, feel free to start a new thread to discuss any guitar entered this month

There may be more then one poll to determine winners in different catagorys at the end of this contest!

Please post a maximum of your 4 best pictures per guitar entered

Make sure Your Guitar has a Name or Nick Name as well otherwise one will be given to it :D

Side note, if you are unable to post a picture you can e-mail one to Brian and it will be posted for you, or ask forum members how to post pictures, they are very helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

this guitar "Frozen Queen" has to add something which is my opinion is different..The body is made of Cedar of Lebanon over 250 years old,something that adds to the tone warmness and more bass..The neck is made of aged mulberry in which 2 carbonfibers are added besides the 2 ways truss rod,something that gives the neck stability.There are some different things from classic tele ,such as the 22 frets ,the wenge fretboard and the graphit nut...and perhaps the cuts in the pickguard...Generally this guitar has woods from my country..CRETE,which i love...traditinal feeling in a frozen tone...At last the finish is Nitro...

here is the contsruction archive

http://s939.photobucket.com/albums/ad236/theodoropoulos/Tele/

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Whalehazard Sentinel

This is my second build, my take on an LP shape...lots of new techniques and mistakes to learn from. This a chambered maple body with a cherry top and cherry neck, rosewood fretboard. The maple and rosewood accents on the top are a result of the cherry pieces being not quite wide enough, and a giant dent I made when I glued the top on. Curly maple binding on neck and headstock, curly maple with black and white accents on the body. The inlay is gold MOP and blue pearloid. Fretboard inlays are abalone and brass. Target Coatings EM6000 finish, which is great to use, but I'm still not happy with the durability. Prone to denting...damn. Well, this one's mine, so it's a player anyway. My guitars get a lot of abuse on stage and on the road. Anyway, excited to have one to post here.

24 3/4 scale

22 frets

12" radius

1 5/8" nut width

Schaller 3d6 nontrem roller bridge

Stew-Mac Golden Age humbucker

Gotoh tuners

DSC_0321.jpg

DSC_0288.jpg

DSC_0296.jpg

DSC_0270.jpg

Edited by whalehazard

This is Joe's Guitar.

There's a little bit of a New Zealand / Australian theme going on here.. :D

Back and sides, Queensland Maple. Top, Australian Red Cedar, Ebony bindings, Paua Shell Rosette.

25.5 inch scale.

Neck, Qld Maple

Fingerboard and Bridge, Madagascar Rosewood

Brass nut, saddle and pins

Gold 510 Gotoh machineheads

Thanks for looking

Doug.

RedCedar12String-1.jpg

RedCedar12String1-1.jpg

RedCedar12String4-1.jpg

RedCedar12String2-1.jpg

the SATCH LOTUS.

Neck, Body & head stock cut as a single piece from Black Walnut. Flamed maple top.

Rosewood fretboard, Abalone dot inlay's. 25.5 scale. multi radius 12-16 inch

Frenched Jack socket.

Crushed titanium shavings in clear epoxy for inlays.

Graphtech nut.

Steinberger gearless tuners.

Gotoh string-thru hardtail bridge.

Dimarzo PafJoe & MoJoe pickups. 5 way blade selector.

This is the build thread My link

Some more piks My link

DSCF2516copy.jpgDSCF2511-01copy.jpgDSCF2547copy-1.jpgFRONT-BACK01.jpg

Name- Rebellion .

This is a memorial guitar of the 1798 rebellion in Ireland .

The body is ash no grain filler just stain and laquer I kind of like the feel of the wide-open grain. She has a three piece neck maple and mahogany a buffalo horn nut and hand cut mop inlays in a ebony fret board the 12 fret inlay is a pike( the weapon of choice back then ) .

The hardware is Gotoh ,Seymour Duncan pickups with a push pull volume pot ( with a tone knob its a Van Halen thing don't ask ) for different pickups options .

The writing on the back of the neck ( Wexford ) is the place where the 1798 rebellion took place ,and is also where I got the name Menapia from that’s the Latin name for Wexford ( My home town )

Anyway enough with the history lesson . … :D

11copy.jpg

5copy.jpg

9copy.jpg

14copy.jpg

Edited by Menapia

This is the Jazzy Java or Java SH-1

It's a semi-hollow

Body is Goncalo Alves with Gaboon and Rosewood accent lines

Teardrop holes bound with Gaboon and Rosewood

Goncalo Alves neck with rosewood veneer central line, scarf joint with Gaboon and Rosewood accent

LMI two way truss rod and carbon rods on either side of the truss rod.

Headstock with same accents and rosewood backstrap.

Cocobolo Rosewood fingerboard bound with Goncalo Alves with a Gaboon accent strip between it and the neck

LMI EVO gold frets

gold MOP fret position inlays as side dots

Truss rod cover and cavity cover are held in with rare earth magnets.

e-bay tuners

GFS Dream 180 gold MOP pickups mounted without rings (not easy, but worth it)

1 self-made volume knob (goncalo alves with gaboon and rosewood accent lines and a rosewood dot) with push/pull which splits both HB's), 1 three-way switch.

TOM bridge with String Saver saddles

Black Tusq XL nut with gaboon and rosewood accents (After polishing the nut I roughed it a bit as it looked too much like plastic)

bigsby style vibrato.

LaBella flat black nylon wound strings (14-67...feel almost like bass strings but smoooooth in feel and sound)

All timber finished with many, many coats of Tru-Oil (can't remember exactly, but probably around 20) and polished with Meguiar's No 7 Show Car Glaze, followed by Meguiar's Wet Look Cleaner Wax.

Despite hollowing, it weighs in at about 4.2Kg (about 9.25lbs) and balances very well on the knee - no neck dive here. Very resonant unplugged, and has a warm but well defined sound on the neck with some twang in the bridge.

frontpg.jpg

backpg.jpg

side.jpg

headstock.jpg

Edited by brian d

So this is actually a guitar that I did the wookworking for about 2 and a half years ago. However, with my hatred for finish work and my love of starting new projects, I never got around to spraying, buffing, and setting it up until now. This is David Myka's 13" Dragonfly shape that he graciously decided to lend me his template for while I was out there. Either way, let's talk specs:

Top: Blue dyed quilted maple veneered spruce top. The top is carved inside and out and braced with parallel bracing just like an archtop. So this is still a very acoustic instrument. I played some acoustic lead on it while a Martin-Style single-0 flattop did the chord work and it held it's own in volume.

Body: Fully hollowed 1-piece black limba bound in snakewood with black/white/black purfling on the top and sides.

Neck: Black limba with snakewood fretboard and macassar ebony binding and b/w/b purfling.

Headstock: My typical "route down" style done with ebony headplate and flamed maple route-downs. Matching ebony "rat-tail" backstrap.

Hardware: Custom made snakewood archtop bridge, snakewood veneered ebony archtop tail-piece, gold knobs, gold Waverly tuners with snakewood buttons, and ebony humbucker rings. It also uses black buffalo horn for the nut and saddle.

Electronics: Black alumitone splitable humbuckers. Each has independent volume and tone with push/pull on the tones for coil tapping. 3-way mini toggle selector.

One of the coolest things, to me at least, about this build was the choice of pickups. These alumitones are 1/3rd the weight of a traditional pickup and also are "hi-fi" in their sonic range. This is cool because this reduced weight helps free the top to vibrate more as an archtop should. Also, the hi-fi nature of the pickups helps to pick up some of the subtle nuances of the acoustic nature of the instrument that might (I say might cause I haven't tried traditional pickups in this guitar so I can't be sure) have been lost with traditional pickups.

gotm5.jpg

gotm4.jpg

gotm3.jpg

gotm2.jpg

gotm1.jpg

Chris