Atlas Stand For Baby Swart

Thanks! It has been a journey working out the design. I'm looking forward to the next pedal board build. This one has to be my favorite so far due to the fact that all the pedals and the amp can be plugged into a power conditioner that is in the rack space. Swiss army stand:) One of these days I'll actually make myself an amp stand instead of just using the early prototypes... Ever since i started hand planing the finishes have been much nicer.

Brilliant idea and some really nice woodworking there. I once made amp stand from welded angle iron that included a single rack unit holder under the amp, but a foldable stand with an added pedal board... just brilliant. Take the guitar on your back, the amp in one hand and the stand/pedal board in the other and you can even take the bus to the gig.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah Man! thanks for all the kindness y'all. It was a lot of fun, I like maple a lot, especially ambrosia. he should get the stand in the mail today, heres the link to hs thread he started. warning it is a bit controversial at times because of a few haters, but I should get some pictures from him soon, with his amp set up, can't wait to see it in action!

Final pictures before I boxed it up below! My picture taking skills are getting better with each attempt, not my strong point though:)

AdamStorfer028-1.jpg

AdamStorfer029-1.jpg

AdamStorfer035-1.jpg

AdamStorfer037-1.jpg

AdamStorfer038-1.jpg

AdamStorfer046-1.jpg

AdamStorfer051-1.jpg

Sincerely,

Josh

Next Build is for Our Souls, Inc. For a vintage Heath 2x12 combo covered in electric blue and pink Muppet fur :D I'll post pics soon!

• 1 month later...

couple new ideas here,

My apologies for getting out of sorts when I read post #41, it blindsided me as a bit disrespectful toward my woodworking efforts and contribution to the industry. I'm not used to being discounted so bluntly. This is a kick-ass forum and I'm sure it doesn't happen much to anyone here.

Sincerely,

Josh

Page-1.jpg

Page-2.jpg

301912_205814989482042_155497294513812_577942_7289410_n.jpg

335011.jpg

couple new ideas here,

My apologies for getting out of sorts when I read post #41, it blindsided me as a bit disrespectful toward my woodworking efforts and contribution to the industry. I'm not used to being discounted so bluntly. This is a kick-ass forum and I'm sure it doesn't happen much to anyone here.

Sincerely,

Josh

I may be speaking out of turn here, but I'm pretty sure that was intended as a clever remark (read as an attempt at a joke) and not a slam towards what you are building.

There have been plenty of flame wars here,but they tend to be more about disputed opinions. Issues with skills are almost always more constructive and typically involve suggestions for how to improve something that didn't go quite as planned. Outright dislike of something is typically stated as an opinion, like that doesn't work for me or it's not my cup of tea, but that's just me, or nice build but I just don't care for pointy guitars etc.

Attempts at humor however, abound, and sometimes they are home runs and sometimes they fall flatter than a road kill armadillo.

After all, with one noteable exception, we are all just excitable boys.

SR