Entry for January 2020's Guitar Of The Month is open - ENTER HERE!

Voting is also open for Guitar Of The Year 2019 - VOTE HERE!

Dave_B

1/2" / 12mm Binding Source?

I'm trying to locate 1/2" binding in .02" and .06" thicknesses, in black and white for an Iceman Carved top build. LMII, StewMac, and a search on eBay didn't turn up anything.

There are places that sell sheets that could work, but I don't really want to own a lifetime supply. :D

Any other ideas or sources?

Thanks,

Dave

Could you laminate it to get the right width? It would be like what some people do to increase thickness, only in this case, it would be width. No idea if the seam would be visible, though.

Could you laminate it to get the right width? It would be like what some people do to increase thickness, only in this case, it would be width. No idea if the seam would be visible, though.

I think in this case it wouldn't work. On the Iceman, the binding varies from 1/2" down to about 1/4" depending on the depth of the carve at a given point. I would think that a joint like that would be impossible to hide.

Try axinc , they have the celluloid nitrate in all sorts of colors, sizes and applications. I think you will be good to go with them.

Edited by johnn_h