Guitar Of The Month For September

The Project Guitar.com "Guitar of the Month" contest is a showcase for all the members, so show us your axe in this thread!

This contest is open to any and all members that enter and will be continued each month for a place showing your creation on the homepage!

The winner(s) of course will have his/her guitar featured on the homepage of Project Guitar.com and if you have a website the picture will link directly to it if you so choose (even commercial site's).

If your a forum member you will also be upgraded with a special badge to show you won!

So show us your creation in this thread! You've got till sometime around the 23rd or 24th of August then this thread gets locked and the voting starts!

Any Post that is not an entry will be deleted, feel free to start a new thread to discuss any guitar entered this month

There may be more then one poll to determine winners in different catagorys at the end of this contest!

Please post a maximum of your 4 best pictures per guitar entered

Make sure Your Guitar has a Name or Nick Name as well otherwise one will be given to it :D

Side note, if you are unable to post a picture you can e-mail one to Brian and it will be posted for you, or ask forum members how to post pictures, they are very helpful.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, to be perfectly honest I don't have a name for this one, so for now well just call it the pink sock. :D

- One piece Honduran mahogany body

- Quilted maple top

- Brazilian rosewood fretboard

- Wenge and bubinga neck

- Sperzel locking tuners

- Hipshot hardtail

- Bareknuckle painkiller set

Hope you enjoy, and I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of this months entries. Thanks!

IMG_3941.jpg

IMG_3960.jpg

IMG_3951.jpg

IMG_3962.jpg

Gibson L5 Build

Hello, wanted to try something different so I went the full luthier route and built an archtop. Lots of fun to build, based off Bob's book and some Gibson L5 plans.

Handcarved spruce top and flame maple back with flame maple side. ebony board with mop inlays, turquoise inlay logo and ebony headstock, I also bound the fretboard.

Here is a video of the building process:

Here are some pics:

DSCN1155.jpg

DSCN1157.jpg

DSCN1158.jpg

DSCN1163.jpg

This one was built as a shop demo model. Simple and classy with some of the hottest aesthetic influences i could think of.

Name: #38DC

Shape: 2012DC

Body wood: 2 piece Queensland maple

Neck wood: 1/4 sawn rock maple, scarf jointed headstock.

Construction: Contoured heel bolt on.

Fingerboard: Ebony

Inlays: Gold Mother of Pearl blocks

Scale: 25.5″

Radius: 12″

Frets: 22 medium SS

Nut: Bone

Hardware: Grover Tuners, Gotoh Tune-O-Matic/string through

Electronics: Seymour Duncan Hot P90′s, 500K CTS VOL/TONE Orange drop cap .22

Logo/Truss cover: Hand cut Aluminum

Finish: Nitrocellulose gloss body/headstock, Satin Nitro on back of neck

3801.jpg

3807.jpg

3804.jpg

3808.jpg

more photos available here - http://twentytwelveguitars.com/?p=844

Edited by decadentjon

This guitar is called the Hell Cat, as named by my lovely wife. The hell cat design was the cumulative result of many different things. The body was something that has been on my mind for some time, and in many ways is the refined and distilled version of my very first guitar. It is actually closer to the sketch that inspired my first build than my first build ended up being.

I first sketched up the unique bridge shape this time last year. It was originally intended to be used for a fanned fret 8 string I was designing but the customer ended up backing out. I really liked the general shape though, so I changed for use on a mono scale six string. Later that fall I saw a tailpiece on a guitar by David Myka that had a similar curvature to it and decided try matching a similar tailpiece with my bridge design.

The top is carved buckeye burl. The tailpiece, bridge, pickup covers, knobs, and truss rod cover (not in the photos) are made from claro walnut burl. the body has a soft maple core, with eastern black walnut wings. The neck is curly eastern black walnut. Headstock veneer is buckeye burl front and back. Peters logo is in copper, and the nut is buffalo horn. The fretboard is EIR with abalone set in copper. All the binding is curly maple.

It has a master volume, master tone, 3 way selector, and series/single/parallel switch for each pup. Pickups are GFS soapbar 180’s and tuners are grover locking.

6075979281_341dd7a356.jpg

The hell cat by Peters Instruments, on Flickr

6076513124_a143232d74.jpg

6076509940_8379f9fe0d.jpg

6075969455_cce5eece43.jpg

6076485118_f978e7c20d.jpg

The Hell Cat by Peters Instruments, on Flickr

6076479770_31c29c54ab.jpg

The Hell Cat by Peters Instruments, on Flickr