Looking For Fretboard Replacement Service

dalandser

You most likely only need a level and crown...I don't think the 006 has even been around long enough to need refretting..

I duno. depends on the level of play it gets. But id say a total refret is probobly a little much. Have a look at them, find the lowest point on the worst one. thats the level they will end up at after a decent level/crown. If you can live with that then just get that done. A refret costs a lot more than just a level job. Maby a few piks would help you get a better answer

You most likely only need a level and crown...I don't think the 006 has even been around long enough to need refretting..

I duno. depends on the level of play it gets. But id say a total refret is probobly a little much. Have a look at them, find the lowest point on the worst one. thats the level they will end up at after a decent level/crown. If you can live with that then just get that done. A refret costs a lot more than just a level job. Maby a few piks would help you get a better answer

+1

Thanks for the feedback. Whoever had this guitar did some crazy stuff. There's more pick scratches on it (on both sides of the strings) than any guitar I've ever seen. The frets around 12-19 are pretty flattened down. I had another 006 that I got leveled and crowned and it worked fine after, however these are worn down pretty far. I'll see if I can get some pictures. I'll also bring it by the local shop. Basically my questions is how much more would it be for a new fretboard installed with frets if I end up having to get the guitar refretted. That way I can pick whatever fretboard I would like. The neck wouldn't have to be refinished because I can do that myself / not too concerned with the aesthetics since I usually sand down necks to the sanding sealer. I'm also thinking of staining the fretboard if a new fretboard installation is very expensive, but I'll post that in the appropriate section. Thanks again for the feedback.

Have a great day,

Anthony

Edited by dalandser