Guild D-40

Guest Teal Green

Guest Teal Green

The fretboard needs to come off and be re-glued along with a neck re-set. The frets themselves show little wear. No cracks in the soundboard back and sides but there is a clean gap/split at the joint at the bottom of the guitar under the bottom strap button. The bridge is secure to the soundboard and all of the binding is secure with no separation on either the front or back of the guitar. The back of the guitar is ''rippled'' as if from water damage. The finish has been removed/sanded from the top (soundboard) and the back of the neck and the heel. The inlaid ''Guild''logo and the Guild ''chesterfield'' are un-damaged under a layer of flaking and yellowing varnish the inlays are intact. This guitar was built like a tank. I am not a luthier but I am a woodworker and I can detect no loose braces inside. This guitar was not damaged by a collision or accident it appears to have been damaged by exposure to moisture, almost as if it was left outside! Original sealed 70's Guild tuners and a new genuine Guild hard shell case bought for it by me at Guitar Center when I got this guitar (they cost $200 alone). I got this guitar ''as is'' for restoration to be my ''70's Guild'' That was awhile ago and I don't know when I will have the $ to have the work done by a competent luthier

This guitar is listed on ebay for $250 and I will ship it to the lower 48 FedEx for $65