My Second Build Attempt

That is absitively posolutely beautiful......

And gorgeous......

purely awesome....

and quite pretty too.

Nearly as impressive are the shots you got of her. Well done. I am fascinated by a couple of shots showing the knobs and selector switch. It looks like the person reflected in them (you?) is doing something different in each knob. How'd you pull that off?

SR

Great job.Really great job...and that is an understatement.

You are my favorite for GOTM right now unless something else blows me away,but win or lose it just doesn't get any better.And that is even with me hating the chrome hardware and metal pup covers.

Many thanks from all of you. I'm confused about the metal pickup rings though.

That is absitively posolutely beautiful......

And gorgeous......

purely awesome....

and quite pretty too.

Nearly as impressive are the shots you got of her. Well done. I am fascinated by a couple of shots showing the knobs and selector switch. It looks like the person reflected in them (you?) is doing something different in each knob. How'd you pull that off?

SR

It kinda just pulled itself off. i didnt do anything special. It just happened.

I know! I noticed that too. Looks like he was doing an ollie on a skateboard whilst taking the photos. AWESOME

Thank you. The pictures were difficult to light. I ended up taking them in my garage with just the natural light from the windows which wasn't much light at all. I used a slow shutter speed and took a lot of shots on a piece of black felt I got at the fabric store. I used photoshop to darken the back ground. The ones you see were the best ones.

What did you end up doing about the clear John? Did it finally harden up satisfactorily or did you replace it?

SR

Its harder than it was but still not as hard as I'd like. I would like to replace it someday but I'm in no rush. I've told myself it will be more pragmatic to do it at the same time I finish my next build. We'll see.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

This build book is done but I'm adding another chapter. Those of you that followed this know of the nasty curing problems the deft lacquer gave me. Well the day of reckoning has come.

WARNING -this isnt for the squeamish.

IMG_0607_zpsb530d0e7.jpg

Digging into this burst was very hard for me to do. ^_^ Hopefully it will have a better chance at longevity this way and I'll finally be able to place it into a case without leaving marks on it.

Use citristrip. SO much easier! I'm in the process of stripping a done guit too.

Chris

I tried some Acetone and lacquer thinner but it started making a mess. Had some citristrip here and didnt even think of it.

The reason for the purchace of a gallon of Behlen lacquer gets a little clearer.......

SR

Bingo. Been putting it off for a while and I gotta say I'm not enjoying chewing my cabbage twice.