Wood Score

HuntinDoug

If it will stay purple over time, how about some fully-hogged hollowbodies? The stuff is insane neutron star heavy wood! It does mean a lot of wood turned to dust from the hogging I guess. If it is old growth, it will make nice stiff neck laminations from the quarter. "Alembic" comes to mind here.

If it will stay purple over time, how about some fully-hogged hollowbodies? The stuff is insane neutron star heavy wood! It does mean a lot of wood turned to dust from the hogging I guess. If it is old growth, it will make nice stiff neck laminations from the quarter. "Alembic" comes to mind here.

Yea....all the above. It will be mainly neck lams. Soon I will be offering custom necks with inlay options. The amount I have should last a long while. :D

It's a disgustingly tempting thing, laser cut inlaying. It's the one thing that I truly advocate CAD for! :D

A while back I made a Les Paul Jr with a Sapele neck including a 1/2" Purpleheart lamination in the centre. It looked fantastic under an Ebony fingerboard, however if I were to do that again I would have Ebony or dyed black Sycamore pinstripes surrounding it with Maple in there somewhere.

I have a love/hate relationship with Purpleheart, as I am sure the rest of the world does also.... :D