Some Interesting Things Coming Out Of My Shop "soon"...

...except for the fact that school is now back in session and physical therapy is still continuing leaving little time...

I picked up an inexpensive fully wired Fender Stratocaster pickguard from GFS to see how it would fit the CamelBack CB-II... While it is not exact, it would really take very little to convert the lower waistline where the controls are on a right-handed guitar, and that portion ONLY from an outside dimension to follow the contours of the pickguard very nicely to create a solid body CB-III pickguard guitar! The horns would need essentially zero changes at all. The portion on the upper side of the guitar would not change. The cutout feature would not need to be changed... This is pretty exciting, actually, as it would open up to the other 97% of the guitar market and be cheaper to produce (potentially). It would bring the traditionalists something they can feel comfortable with while still retaining the RockBeach identity and ergonomic features... Wait 'till you see how little would need to be done!

Also, I have an alternative contour pattern for the Cicada (Yes, I am going to start doing contour body Cicadas) which would allow for the use of the Telecaster control plate for front mounting of the controls... All good stuff. A test version 1/2 scale could be done on the back side of the little model Woodchuck, my CNC guy provided of the first contour actually. I made a paper 1/2 scale control plate to show Chuck how it would fit and marked the back to show a suggested contour...

Also, tomorrow, Melvin Henderson who is a world touring jazz guitarist is coming over to the house to audition some guitars...

Sometime, amidst all of this, I have to get my mouth repaired... Both tooth posts on the lower lateral incisors of my 4-tooth incisor bridge broke off last night biting into an apple. I am now missing my lower 4 front teeth... Of course it has to happen on a holiday weekend and now that school is in session again... Absences cannot be tolerated as I am taking an accelerated surgical technology course.