Playing Guitar: A Medical Necessity?

Ripthorn

Starting a few months ago, I started getting wrist pain while using the computer. I have been to a physical therapist and done other things to try to clear it up. It has been determined by the doctor that it is a muscular problem in my forearm. The occurence of the pain coincides with the only period in the last 8 years when I haven't regularly played guitar. After playing for a while today, I had some of the pain again. Looks like playing guitar will have to be a daily exercise to help recondition those muscles, poor me :D. I visit the therapist again tomorrow and let him know of my revelation.

carpal tunnel syndrome?

if so i could see how playing could help prevent it. i used to worry about it when i was drafting.

Spot on I rekon. I have carpol tunnel realy bad from a crash about 11 years ago. can be a total bitch. lots of stretching helps it. I had a gyroscope thing aswell that helped get it under control. I havent used it in ages, as I find it goes when Im training with weights aswell so I dont use the gyro when Im able to train. Ill see if I can dig it out & get the name for you. Powerball or something :D

Hey Tim. what did you used to draft ?