Hi guys, I just registered on the forum. I have been building solid body guitars and basses for the last 7 years (not full time, I have a day job) and have over 30 builds, and a lot of repairs and modifications under my belt. I am looking forward to participating, and hope I will learn a lot from you guys, and maybe I can help out some aswell. Sláinte.

Wow, you have really nailed some good looks with those burls and figures. I especially like the perspective idea on your playing card inlay....it really compliments the more extreme nature of the angles in the body compared to the "expected" angles of many instruments. I have a particular love of the Warwick Dolphin shape for that same reason, and I envisaged that one would look awesome with a burled Poplar top like your six-string bass. What is the back and neck wood on that? Limba? And a Wal! Cripes.

I look forward to a little on your building history and the story behind each instrument. Again, fáilte! :D

Prostheta, the back and neck on the six string bass is mostly bubinga with some birds eye maple and a few veneers of maple and ebony thrown in for good measure (you can't have enough speed stripes on a guitar!!). The neck has thirteen pieces (not including the fretboard)and the body has a bubinga back, burl poplar top and a few veneers in between to accent the join between them. Thanks for the compliments, unfortunately most people who see my work here think if it doesn't have a well known name on it, it's a piece of crap.

The six string bass is my gigging bass, fantastic sound, action etc, but it's a ton weight. I would use less dense woods if I were to build something like it again. I am currently building an Ibanez Jem copy, maple and walnut laminated neck with a maple fretboard. Walnut body with a jigsaw puzzle of walnut and maple on the top. Neck, headstock and body will have black binding. I will take a few pics tomorrow and put a link to them. Thanks to Menapia I know how to do it now.

It's great to talk with people who share the same interest in guitar building. I look forward to sharing my journey with you.

Sláinte.