Guitar Of The Month For December

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Fender should take note of that Custom Tele and put it into production immediately I absolutely LOVE non-traditional Telecasters and I would be very proud to have this one in my collection. hands down the winner for me. Heck, I would have picked this one over any listed in the last couple of months. I think the adaptation of the Les Paul configuration fits nicely.

Edited by zyonsdream

Oh man! It was a tough battle between resto and menapia. I'm also, like zyon's, a big 'interpreted tele' fan and this takes the cake on tele interpretations! However, there was just something about the strategic use of fretboard wood on menapia's build that made me HAVE to go for it. I couldn't help myself.

Chris

Hitone: I like the apparent simplicity of it. I'm not a big fan of the dice knobs, so I'm glad they got replaced. I also like that you can still see the grain through the black dye. It makes the piece look aged. The only thing I might change is using normal P90s instead of the HB sized.

Crow: I REALLY like the LP/Tele hybrid. If you had not made the recesses around the knobs it would be almost perfect. Perfect would have added block or trap inlays in the fretboard.

HuntinDog: Really cool. It's easy for a gimmick guitar to either go overboard or become a piece of advertising. You managed to keep it a playable instrument. Good job!

Menipia: One of the most artistic fretboard usages I've seen. Unfortunately, I think the headstock doesn't go with the overall look, and I really don't like the scarf accents going through the volute.

RAD: I'm not so much for this one. I think it's the Ambrosia Maple. For my eye, it just doesn't seem to go just right. It's probably because I don't usually care for back lams, and I definitely don't like carves that go through like it does on the back. On a closer look, I'm wondering why the neck is set so far into the body. It pushes the bridge really far back and throws off the Tele look we're used to.

Hitone: I like the apparent simplicity of it. I'm not a big fan of the dice knobs, so I'm glad they got replaced. I also like that you can still see the grain through the black dye. It makes the piece look aged. The only thing I might change is using normal P90s instead of the HB sized.

Crow: I REALLY like the LP/Tele hybrid. If you had not made the recesses around the knobs it would be almost perfect. Perfect would have added block or trap inlays in the fretboard.

HuntinDog: Really cool. It's easy for a gimmick guitar to either go overboard or become a piece of advertising. You managed to keep it a playable instrument. Good job!

Menipia: One of the most artistic fretboard usages I've seen. Unfortunately, I think the headstock doesn't go with the overall look, and I really don't like the scarf accents going through the volute.

RAD: I'm not so much for this one. I think it's the Ambrosia Maple. For my eye, it just doesn't seem to go just right. It's probably because I don't usually care for back lams, and I definitely don't like carves that go through like it does on the back. On a closer look, I'm wondering why the neck is set so far into the body. It pushes the bridge really far back and throws off the Tele look we're used to.

thanks for the review. This custom made guitar, and all have made their way to the customer's request. all the other inlay like. was a sign of the infinite desire of the customer

Thanks for the comments. Good call on the dice. I put them on the guitar to see what they looked like. We went with a simple chrome knob in the end. On the pickups he really wanted to be able to put in a set of humbuckers if he didn't like the p-90 sound. Which he ended up really liking.

Thanks again guys for the comments. There are some sweet guitars to vote on this months.