New Guitar (aka "project") Day!

Greetings all! I've been poking around here for a while, and figured it was time to get involved and say hello.

I'm an IT geek from the SF Bay Area, and I'm embarking on my second "rescued from a crackhead" project, using my dream body -- the Ibanez S series!

I just picked up a 2004 Korean S470 DXQM that's in "okay" shape. Everything is straight and works. Feels good, no significant dings. Light rusting on the metallic parts. It has the ZR trem, and the bridge pup was upgraded to an active EMG-85. Face of the body looks like crap -- crackhead spray painted the quilted top with a baby-poop brown color. To make matters worse, the crackhead didn't even disassemble the guitar. Instead, he just taped-up the bridge, pups and neck, and did a poor job of that too. That said, who really cares, right?! I bought this with the intention to rescue and restore.

Okay, and now to make a lot of enemies right up front... Purchase price == $200! (When I said "crackhead", I really meant it) Here she is in all her currently sad glory (cell phone pics -- sorry).

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo6.jpg

In the restoration, I'm gonna edit it to meet my prefs. The neck pup will be filled and routed to support a single coil, and the center pup will be filled, deleting it all together.

Having grown up a huge Dokken / George Lynch fan, I'm gonna refinish this like the ESP Sunburst Tiger.

Wish me luck! :D