FireFly

Misc Stuff About Life IV

I despise getting older...it takes more time to get into shape and you have less energy to do it with...If I had a good meth connection and a good dental plan to replace the teeth that the meth destroys with new metal teeth I would be unstoppable

You'd be that guy from the James Bond movies who chews through the cable holding up the cable car.

Moving out of this hell hole is great. The process sucks.

Man, I've said that same thing plenty of times. I love getting into new places. I hate the actual process of doing so. It's a good time to rediscover how much useless sh*t you've been keeping around, only to haul to new places so it can live in a new dark closet. :D

SR

Well we are moving into a smaller place and we don't want to store stuff (some is going to Vermont). Thus 80% of packing is throwing sh!t out.

Scott, how are you doing with the flooding?

My side of town did fine, only about 1.5" of rain yesterday. I've had to dodge some flooding going back and forth to work over the years, but our place has never been at risk.

If the devil were a tree, he'd be Mesquite.

They are wicked hard to kill too. Suppossedly they can have tap roots up to 150' long (deep). I don't know if that's true, but I beleive it. I grew some from seeds with the intention of turning them into bonsais....Texas bonsais. I had them in half gallon pots for a couple of years and went to repot them as they seemed to be getting root bound. When I pulled it out I discovered the tap root on my little 15" tall tree had coiled round and round the circumference of the pot. Uncoiled it measured over 20' long.

The stuff polishes up into some beautiful wood and makes a brisket taste great though.

SR

They are wicked hard to kill too. Suppossedly they can have tap roots up to 150' long (deep). I don't know if that's true, but I beleive it. I grew some from seeds with the intention of turning them into bonsais....Texas bonsais. I had them in half gallon pots for a couple of years and went to repot them as they seemed to be getting root bound. When I pulled it out I discovered the tap root on my little 15" tall tree had coiled round and round the circumference of the pot. Uncoiled it measured over 20' long.

The stuff polishes up into some beautiful wood and makes a brisket taste great though.

SR

Don't forget a janka hardness of 2300+, all the worms that quickly get inside it and eat it up, the fact that it doesn't know how to grow in a straight line and as soon as it figures it out it generally falls down, and, of course, thorns. Oh yeah, it like to grow amidst cactus too.

SR

Don't forget a janka hardness of 2300+, all the worms that quickly get inside it and eat it up, the fact that it doesn't know how to grow in a straight line and as soon as it figures it out it generally falls down, and, of course, thorns. Oh yeah, it like to grow amidst cactus too.

There is that. :D

SR

I am still not impressed by mesquite in guitar building.I just don't see it staying straight,and when it does twist it will take everything else with it.So many better woods available.Other things could be cool though...knobs,etc...

A superintendent was bothering me today on the phone and I remembered his Steelers jacket...I asked "Are you just mad about getting Tebow'ed?"

Last thing I heard was a load of expletives and he hung up :D

they should be the same bolt pattern so far chevy hasnt scewed with there six lug stuff.

Same pattern...now all I worry about is the width and offset...I'll try it this weekend.Could be the shot in the arm I need to get some more work done on it

The forum crash really seems to have upset the flow of the forum.Too many topics in the build section are useless now...hopefully the authors redo the missing posts

And the cedar pollen is still killing me

yep that **** has been killing me since end of November. I hate this time of year in Texas, the damn mountain cedar is worse than ragweed.

The forum crash really seems to have upset the flow of the forum.Too many topics in the build section are useless now...hopefully the authors redo the missing posts

Not any worse than me pulling the SuST thread. :D

Maybe this would be a legitimate excuse to clean up the threads that it's pretty obvious will never be revisited again. :D

Maybe this would be a legitimate excuse to clean up the threads that it's pretty obvious will never be revisited again

Naw...better to just let it be

BTW last Friday, early morning around 1:00 a.m., we had an earthquake in Dallas. 2.0, the epicenter was like 5 miles from my house. It was interesting, so to speak. I woke up to a rumbling sound and vibrations. Sort of like a personal vibrator on steroids :D

Oh so tired.goodnight all

Sweet Dreams Wes! Nighty Night and all that stuff. :D It's only Tuesday and your ass is already worn out? That is age creeping up on you my OLD friend. :D

I am still not impressed by mesquite in guitar building.I just don't see it staying straight,and when it does twist it will take everything else with it.So many better woods available.Other things could be cool though...knobs,etc...

Well, they say it's the most stable of all the North American hardwoods. I guess it does all its twisting while it's still alive. I'm gonna put it to the test though by resawing some green wood thin and not weighting it down as I should.

Posted this in the wrong thread. Read it and you can probably figure out why :D I just copy and pasted it:

This is interesting.

I accidentally froze a bottle of Chardonnay that I got as a gift from my studio's management people. I was trying to chill it quickly and forgot about it for four days.

I'm drinking it now. I feel loose and less inhibited like you do with alcohol, but I don't feel like I've been drinking. The dizzy weird feeling isn't there. I can only assume it has something to do with the freezing because I've never experienced this before. It's kind of cool.

I would finish the bottle, just out of curiosity, but I think I might need to take some cold medicine tonight for my coughing and I don't want to knock myself out for the next week.

Edit:

The bronchitis is about gone, BTW. It caused some damage to my pipes that's making me cough like crazy and all that, but the virus seems to be gone. I feel great except for the coughing. Once I heel from the damage, I should be totally back to normal.

When you freeze wine the alcohol can separate. If it had a real cork, the next stage is evaporation. You may just have made your own low alcohol wine.

Chocolate... Oh how I love you *nom*

Hmm...a (bread?) recipe for disaster.

Female eats chocolate.... female gets fatter ....female feels unattractive....female posts on male dominated guitar forum.....female feels a little more attractive....but then eats chocolate....rinse, repeat.

I eat industrial amounts of beef fat & gallons of beer, but don't post on knitting forums (that said, I could likely get an answer here) ....I'm happy enough being unattractive.

Edited by irky