Entry for February 2020's Guitar Of The Month is open - ENTER HERE!

FireFly

Misc Stuff About Life IV

well, following a 22 hour labour and eventual caesarian section my daughter finally made it in to the world safe and sound, wife is recovering too.

not sure she will ever live down the fact that every healthcare professional in Burton managed to get her head and arse mixed up for so long :D

Wow! Congrats Wez thats awesome. You're a dad! Is this your first?

Glad everything worked out,Wez...

The flood of illegals has apparently started again.I guess the false news reports about a recovery have made it across the border,because after a couple of years of nothing now I see a few guys walking on the job looking for work every day.They haven't got any better at looking,either...still driving around with a bunch of them in one car all looking for work on the same job.

They should have stayed where they were.There isn't any more work right now than there was when they left.The bad part is that still none of them can read blueprints or really knows jack sh*t about the job they are trying to get.

It sucks,because hen I started in this business every guy knew the job and most could read blueprints and could run the crew for a day if the boss was out.Now if the boss has to leave the whole crew has to leave.Funny though,most people want to blame the influx of illegals for the lack of qualifications,but I know that isn't it...the reason nobody is qualified any more is because the new insurance restrictions that have come to be over the last decade and a half has driven the smarter guys into other industries.

kinda makes me wonder if its just getting that much worse in mexico.

i dont really think the economy is turning around as much as our goverment would like people to think. i see a lot of people who over the past few years that have been forced in to settling for much lower paying jobs.

btw i had my open renewal on my insurance at work this week, and something struck me in the wrong way. if i want to drop my health insurance i have to prove that i have insurance else where. now i have no intention of dropping my insurance but it struck me the wrong way that i am now forced to buy it.

well, following a 22 hour labour and eventual caesarian section my daughter finally made it in to the world safe and sound, wife is recovering too.

not sure she will ever live down the fact that every healthcare professional in Burton managed to get her head and arse mixed up for so long :D

Congratulations! Happy and healthy to all.

Congratulations! Happy and healthy to all.

+1

and is it still the 20th over there?

It was 7:21 PM U.S. central standard time here when you posted that. It sounds like you are the better part of a day ahead of us....according to the calendar. And Wez's daughter apparently didn't want to share her birthday with you.

SR

I feel like crap today,every joint aches,and I have not taken a dump in four days.Just got back from another funeral,another good guy gone.oh, and probably will be another one in the next six months.Cancer is alive and well round here.Well ,I am just venting a little.

Wez,congrats on your new born, I will be getting a grandson soon.

Later people,I got drugs to take.

I am not much for babies or children of any type...but that one is pretty damn cute...

I never buy wood off of Cook Woods little ad-mails,but I clicked on this one because I had never heard of it,and I just had to have me some..I got a 24" by 11 1/2" by 2" highly figured piece.Perfect size for one of my mini single cut carved tops like the bubinga one

http://www.cookwoods.com/lumber-site/shop/category/turning/turning-specials/

kinda makes me wonder if its just getting that much worse in mexico.

I believe it most likely is.

i dont really think the economy is turning around as much as our goverment would like people to think. i see a lot of people who over the past few years that have been forced in to settling for much lower paying jobs.

Yup...happens a lot in construction...construction is scarce and so prices go down but insurance "safety standards" are going up and that leaves less money to pay the workers.This country is going a bad direction...if it continues there will be an entire economic collapse within the next decade or two...

How do we fix it?Pretty easy,really...Do not allow imports to exceed exports by monetary value...bang...fixed.Don't believe me?Too bad because I am right.

There are other things that need to be corrected as well...lawsuits must go through a "vetting" process before being allowed to be pursued...if they don't meet STRICT criteria that determines actual negligence that is NOT a part of the inherent risk you signed up for,the lawsuit is dumped and you get a point...3 points in 5 years and you get a $10,000 fine

Traffic accidents are NOT eligible unless the driver AT FAULT was under the influence or deemed reckless by (again) strict standards set forth

Make it clear through the government propaganda hour(5 o clock news if you don't know what I mean)every day that life is inherently risky so get used to it or leave.

Anyone else have some ideas?

Congratulations Wez. Glad she takes after your wife :D

I'm getting tired of not having a car. I normally don't mind, but this winter has been unusually bitter outside.

Things are looking up for me business-wise, so I'm checking out bikes again.

I can't get anything yet, but I'm window shopping and pricing. I'm looking to get a cafe racer. They're a blast to ride and you can often find them pretty cheaply. In a few weeks, when I can probably afford one, there should be more on the market.

I found this little guy for $2600 (I'm in the city, so I'm not going to lose sleep over a small bike).

5I95Nd5Jb3Gc3I93H8c23850d4362b8b71275.jpg

:D

I just found one of these for $3000

cb77rightfronthalf.jpg

Edited by NotYou

If you like the vintage euro and Japanese styling but don't want the headache of trying to maintain one, (parts can be a huge pain to find and cost a arm and a leg). Check out triumph.

I LOVE the Triumph Thruxtons, price is the big issue. If I was buying right now, I'd probably get something like this. It's $3000, 12k miles.

Ducati parts were crazy expensive when i last had a bike. People claim they're getting more tolerable.

5Y15G15J73M33Le3N5c2k72912e487bab1336.jpg

Yeah, Thruxton. I don't have money, but I think I'd be willing to give up a body part for that:

Thruxton1+-+Arrow.jpg?g2_GALLERYSID=TMP_SESSION_ID_DI_NOISSES_PMT

I know a guy who has one. I drool at it every time I see it.

Edited by NotYou

Oh my god I want my 20s back...soo tired right now for no reason at all

:D

Laughing while I still can. :D

Well let me tell you some good things about getting old...

1)TV becomes really fascinating...your world revolves around it and knowing a show you like is coming on tonight makes your day fly by...

2)Your lawn looks better because lawn work becomes entertainment

3 )Police show you respect when they pull you over.As long as you are polite there will be no random searches or suspicious looks into your back seat

4)You can wear black socks and pull on shoes and nobody cares.

5)I own my house,my cars,my guitars,amps,and pretty much anything else I might need...$30 for a bucket of chicken doesn't hurt my pocketbook at all...(but I still hate it because of the principle of the thing...chicken should be cheap)

6)I know how to make a budget and stick to it.

7)Your girlfriends come to me for advice about your "young punk" attitude..and I just laugh and say "That's what you get for chasing after children",and I assure them that they are much more mature than you are,and that you won't even approach a reasonable maturity until 35 at least :D

There are more things...but those are the main ones.Don't be fooled though...being young is much better.These are just life's small recompense for all of the aches and sleepless nights.

Cool bikes! I like to see them, but I´d never ride one, don´t trust myself.

How are things down in Old Mexico Joe? Are you still in Puebla?

SR

Heya Scott! Still here. Let´s see...still an English teacher, some months away from completing the Master´s (finally!), looking for various jobs in schools and universities...busy as hell. Oh, and I´ve been living on my own for six months+. That might sound weird to a lot of you, but here it´s very common for children to live with their parents well into adulthood. It´s just tough earning enough to be on your own. I´m glad I saved up some money for the studies, otherwise, I´d have had to drop out.

I have another update I´d like to share, but I don´t want to trump Wez´s beautiful news. :D:D

Although economy hasn´t picked up here either, I´ve heard less news regarding safety issues...but I don´t entirely trust the news on the first place. I´m just glad it seems to be peaceful over here, much more than other places, such as Veracruz and northern Mexico. For the moment, I´m grateful to have a job and soon a new perspective.

By the way,it's 80 freaking degrees here right now :D

Oh, and I´ve been living on my own for six months+.

Congrats...I have been completely independent since 21 years of age,but probably 80% independent for a couple of years before that.I started rebelling at about 15...so I got most of my lawbreaking years out before adulthood..luckily...or else I might be in prison right now :D

By the way,it's 80 freaking degrees here right now :D

:D I love it!

Joe, your hints sound like you're getting married.

Do tell.

SR

I LOVE the Triumph Thruxtons, price is the big issue. If I was buying right now, I'd probably get something like this. It's $3000, 12k miles.

Ducati parts were crazy expensive when i last had a bike. People claim they're getting more tolerable.

5Y15G15J73M33Le3N5c2k72912e487bab1336.jpg

Yeah, Thruxton. I don't have money, but I think I'd be willing to give up a body part for that:

Thruxton1+-+Arrow.jpg?g2_GALLERYSID=TMP_SESSION_ID_DI_NOISSES_PMT

I know a guy who has one. I drool at it every time I see it.

yeah i was thinking along the lines of a bonnaville, thurxton or scrambler. i know the bonnavile is around 7k i would love to have one they remind me of my tiger.

That might sound weird to a lot of you, but here it´s very common for children to live with their parents well into adulthood. It´s just tough earning enough to be on your own.

not really theres a lot of kids here that are forced to live with there parents.