Entry for February 2020's Guitar Of The Month is open - ENTER HERE!

FireFly

Misc Stuff About Life IV

really enjoying this fatherhood thing so far - been a couple of sleep deprived nights but so far no completely sleepless ones - we both actually managed to get 8 hours last night, albeit non-consecutive :D

Wez, I don't have a lot of experience here. Mine is only 14 months. But I will say that every month so far has been more fun than the last. The daughter is my buddy now. She's so great.

Bastrop wildfire victims, being robbed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to preface, my mother lost everything in the fires except a couple changes of clothes and her car.

Her new house is now set up and ready, on tuesday she got several big deliveries including a large tv, ALL her appliances, and several pieces of furniture. She left the house around 5 or 6 pm and returned to her camper to clean up and pack more things. She returned at 5am because she couldn't sleep to unpack, organize and just generally pitter around like women do in a new house.

She realized something was wrong and called 911, around 6 she decided if they were still there when she showed up they for sure left by now so she goes in. To realize EVERYTHING is gone included a big section of the living room carpet. Probably cut out to cover the load. Sheriff dept gets there around 7:15 or so. Discovered a window that was still locked but was open which points to pre preparation.

We suspect it was a delivery driver that either did it or tipped someone off. But how can you prove it??? The scary part is that the drivers we suspect are with a business that has a few more backordered items to deliver.

The house is now occupied so the chances are slim it will happen again.....or are they? This isn't the first case either but it's not been publisized that I know of. Delivered in the afternoon and everything gone by morning.

My dog and I spent the last 2 nites there with her and my sons will be staying the weekend. It's times like these I really appreciate the fact that ma grew up shooting .22lr and shotguns and can hit what she aims at.

P.s.

I know there are several people on this board that are starting over in the same area. PM me if u would like to know the businesses that delivered.

There are scum and then there are scum so low that even scum despise them. Ripping off people who have lost everything makes someone scum hated by scum.

really enjoying this fatherhood thing so far - been a couple of sleep deprived nights but so far no completely sleepless ones - we both actually managed to get 8 hours last night, albeit non-consecutive :D

Wez, I don't have a lot of experience here. Mine is only 14 months. But I will say that every month so far has been more fun than the last. The daughter is my buddy now. She's so great.

When mine was a newborn, I used to rock him to sleep to Led Zeppelin and ZZ Top. Now he's grown up and when he comes around we always find a way to go out and listen to bands.....who often play Led Zeppelin and ZZ Top. That's critical development and it's never to soon to start teaching.

btw thats why babys are cute that way you get attached to them and when there older and you have the urge to strangle them you don't because your so attached to them.

:D

SR

Tim that's a terrible story. I had no idea your mother lived in Texas or lost her home in the Bastrop fires....or that you had sons. :D

There are some real bottom feeders out there. I'm hoping insurance was responsible for all the replacement stuff and will cover the theft as well.

good luck with it.

SR

Dude, she's going to break some hearts in the future with those eyes.

Is that the fisrt in the background?

SR

Nah, that one was a bridesmaid in our wedding though. Here's the most beautiful girl in the world. This shot was taken two days ago.

Julie022712.jpg

EDIT: It's just a lousy iPhone picture, but it's recent. She cooks too!

Edited by dpm99

you get more sleep as time goes on then they turn in to teenagers then you get less sleep and more urges to kill.

+1

We consider ourselves very lucky ... our 3 sons are now in the the workforce and moving positively to the future. Son # 2 turns 21 today. But you never stop worrying for them.

My daughter turns 15 this year and is gorgeous and still very close to my wife and I. Hopefully it stays that way. But even though none of them has given us any real or serious cause for alarm, I can see more angst ahead.

All that said ... we chose to be parents.

Just finished all of the ... Pirates moves.

What would those moves be?

Hobbling around on a peg leg with a parrot on your shoulder and a patch over one eye??

Pictures ... or it never happened!

This one´s my cub, with his mom :D :

29122011200.jpg

Edited by MexicanBreed

Just finished all of the ... Pirates moves.

Pictures ... or it never happened!

Nobody ever believes anything Aimee says.

This thread is becoming way too positive and life affirming...you guys know the earth could be blasted out into space any minute by a planet in a galaxy passing through our own,don't you?

This thread is becoming way too positive and life affirming...you guys know the earth could be blasted out into space any minute by a planet in a galaxy passing through our own,don't you?

All the more reason to enjoy the moment.

This one´s my cub, with his mom

Man, you are just full of surprises aren't you?

SR

Tim that's a terrible story. I had no idea your mother lived in Texas or lost her home in the Bastrop fires....or that you had sons. :D

There are some real bottom feeders out there. I'm hoping insurance was responsible for all the replacement stuff and will cover the theft as well.

good luck with it.

SR

no no no i just coppied that off the other site i guess i should have put quotes around it but it was still early this morning when i did that.

You were surprised Scott? Imagine me! But seriously, becoming a father is great and nerve wrecking. Now I know who I´m working for.

I´m glad to see you still are our little ray of sunshine!

I have an idea for the Tineo...I am going to paint it either solid black or solid white without a sealer so that hopefully it will sink more into the grain and be visible through the paint...then I'll cover it with gloss and level the gloss

You were surprised Scott? Imagine me!

You haven't been out of touch long enough for all of that to happen since last heard from you....so I imagine it was a surprise indeed. That will certainly change your perspective. And yeah it is great. BTW, that's a handsome little man you made.

And you will see how little we matter and your mind will explode

I have had quite a few long philosophical discourses concerning the scale of the universe. My mind didn't explode, so far as I can tell, but it does make me thirsty. Just think: most of what we see in the night sky is how those stars looked thousands of years ago. We are literally looking at the past when we star gaze. If there was an instant teleportation device and we went to one of those stars or galaxies.....they might not even exist any more. It may have been blasted out of space by a passing galaxy....a hundred years ago.

SR

If there was an instant teleportation device and we went to one of those stars or galaxies.....they might not even exist any more.

The star Betelgeuse is a good example of that. It is a red giant and quite possibly has already become a supernova. In fact we may even get to see that happen in our lifetimes. It will be huge, and close enough that night time will not be quite the same.

Just don't repeat the name two more times

My mind didn't explode, so far as I can tell

What always gets me is the "What's outside of that?"When thinking about the universe's "boundaries",or the "What are the strings made of in string theory?"

Or "If the universe is 14,000,000,000 years old and the size of it is larger than 14,000,000,000 light years (which is the theory) then obviously FTL travel is possible assuming the Big Bang,or else the Big Bang is BS

The star Betelgeuse is a good example of that

That star would hold more of our suns than our sun could hold Earths...it is almost as large as the distance between the Sun and Pluto...

Whatever man. You post your hot girls. I post mine. :D