Entry for February 2020's Guitar Of The Month is open - ENTER HERE!

FireFly

Misc Stuff About Life IV

Also do you guys realize that telescopes only magnify,so all of that detail you see through the big telescopes is visible if we could just see it

You were surprised Scott? Imagine me!

You haven't been out of touch long enough for all of that to happen since last heard from you....so I imagine it was a surprise indeed. That will certainly change your perspective. And yeah it is great. BTW, that's a handsome little man you made.

SR

Right on all accounts, Scott. And thanks, the apple never falls far from the tree :D

What are the strings made of in string theory?

They are made of nothing and everything. They are universal in the BROAD meaning of the word. Time is relevant to the existence as well as the non existence of the same in equal and non equal proportions to the dimensions that they are applied, while maintaining a perspective of relevancy that applies to the laws of physics as we know them. Only then can we minutely perceive the vastness of our universe in ways that are not visual or mathematical, but conceptual with no bounderies implied or conceived. :D

MK

Have you ever woken up in the middle of the night with an itchy nose and discover all your fingers are asleep? There is one little hair stabbing your left nostril and all you've got on the end of your wrists are 10 baseball bats. :D

I hate it when that happens.

SR

I had a friend who felt her numb hand in while sleeping. She thought it was a stranger for a brief second and panicked. She tried to throw "him" out of the bed and she tossed herself onto the floor.

I love that story.

Once when I was married I awoke to what I thought was a strange girl riding me...I went with it...and was rather disappointed to find out the next morning it was just my wife :D

Would you call that bee's wing mottle or razor mottle?

BTW I think I like your plan for the Tineo. I'm thinking that treatment might look better in white than black.

SR

I think bee's wing...

Yeah i keep thinking white,too...but I keep wanting to build a black guitar and I always seem to not...I guess i could just finish the black ESP F copy I started a million years ago...

Naw, start a new one. If that one's been waiting that long, it probably doesn't mean that much to you. You'd end up still wanting a black guitar you'd want to play. Some of that Spanish Cedar or white limba you've got would be good candidates for paint.

I watched Predators again last night...aside from Adrian Brodie as a tough guy,the movie is okay,but i really think we should find that planet and destroy the Predators so we can take it over...it has a cool sky to look at...

I think I can get a small single cut and a Steinberger copy out of it.

Actually I now have a better plan...this is the back of the board by the way.What looks like splits on the other side are just a couple of shallow sap lines..i have been wanting to build a multiscale V with a neck and fretboard I got from HuntinDoug and I think this should fit well with the maple neck

I realize it's not a bookmatch but I should be able to slide one edge against the other and match the grain as if it were...maybe

425062_352900054750655_100000919897754_1027684_1260568480_n.jpg

What the hell are the Idol judges smoking?A guy just came out and was absolutely horrible...just all over the place...and they all said they loved it :D

So many good people this year and I think it sucks that the judges aren't giving real criticism...

i used to like watching the auditions but that got old now i just try to avoid all those shows.

I am watching because I still enjoy the show,but I have to say this evening the judges are just inconsistent.I have watched them gloss over the huge glaring brutal train wrecks of the evening and then watched Randy level the evening's first criticism at Phillip Phillips,who really did a great(and artistic)job...

I must be honest..if Phillips doesn't make it through because one of the horrible "cute boys" gets through,I am done with this season

testing something

l.jpg

I just installed one of those bridges for somebody (8-string, though). It's been pissing me off. The bridge is great, though.

The guitar was sent to me because the original builder quit on it. He didn't angle the neck enough for that bridge. It already has a very shallow break angle, so if you lower the saddles too much it just buzzes like crazy. I messed with the truss rod (First time I had to turn a double action rod the opposite way. Whoever built this thing did a bang up job.) and the string height is still outrageously high.

That's how I spent my day today. I hate that did all that work and it's going to suck no matter what. I really regret taking that job.

Nice looking guitar, BTW.

Edited by NotYou