Custom Gothic Kl Explorer

killemall8

Having a hard time getting any interest in this guitar. It is a great guitar, i am happy with the way it came out. Has great low action, sounds great clean and with gain. Satin black finish. Details in the description.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190634907944?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

For reference, here is a link to some of my other work.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Guitars-By-Luis-Fernandez/142725369133117

You have to look it it from a buyers point of view:

Whats special about it?

You list it as new, but it's marked and has second hand parts (emg logo is worn jumped out instantly)

It doesnt have a known "brand" (biggest hurdle we'll all have to cross)

The finish isn't special

The nut has a massive space between it and the headstock cap (ninth pic down)

A lot of people these days are turned off by TOM bridges unless its a les paul or similar and EMG's are quickly becoming a fad of the past.

Add to the basics you could say the headstock shape is subjective and may possibly rule out many potential buys also.

Everyone on this site knows how much work/time/bloody sweat tears is involved in making a guitar, the cost of timber and parts + time makes your price really really cheap, we know that... but unfortunately from a buyers point of view, unless they know you as a friend it's no different that a couple hundred buck chinese piece of ****. It's a problem ALL of us are going to face when we try to market our guitars and it really sucks.

You may take what I say as insult, it's definitely not intended that way, more as support and constructive feedback. I really hope you sell it.

I do hear what you are saying about brand and everything.

The Picukp was one i have had for a while,that is why it is worn off.

That isnt a gap at the nut... Just a shadow and for some reason looks like it.

But fair enough. I have never had trouble selling these in the past. Been selling these consistently for over 4 years. And the headstock is the reason they usually sell so well... Ken Lawrence is one of the most popular builders in the world.

Re-take a photo because of the nut shadow. Replace the pickup with a new unit. Simple decisions, otherwise that guitar could continue to sit on your stock being dead money.

+1 to all of the above.

The piks are killing you. When I look at the overll/ full guitar piks, the background is very busy & draws my attention. If that happens in a calalogue/sales pik your in trouble. You need attantion drawn to the guitar. Id re-shoot all of them with a very plain backdrop.

Personally, Iv always had problems selling a totaly blacked out guitar. Most of the time they just have no spark to them - visualy. Id replace the hardware for nickle or chrome. maby a mix of nickle & cosmo black, & open coil pups aswell. just to add something to grab your eye, its amazing how much a small bit of chrome can widen your potential target market.

Thanks for the input.

But most of the things you are telling me to change are the things that have helped me sell them before. People have always loved my pictures. And i usually get requests for all black guitars. And usually i will get bombarded with emails if i use anything but EMGS on a guitar like this, since it is a copy of a ken lawrence, and thats what Hetfields guitar has.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Edited by killemall8

I agree with all that. Stick with what works and just fix the things that need fixing. I might add that the wording could lead people to construe that the finish isn't very tough if it came off with a piece of tape. That might been seen as overly negative. Just trying to help ya sell. :D

If I had the money and shipping wasn't so expensive, maybe. Life is too short for having too few Explorers.