Project S907_express

Working on Cocobolo board

P4120119.jpg

Ironically I CA glued my finger to the side of the neck right after this shot... then I had to reach the de-bonder but the neck was fastened to the table. So I got lucky and had a pair of pliers within reach that made it to the de-bonder. Took 10 minutes to get my finger clear.

BTW - West Systems epoxy is not effected by any regular solvents when cured...

Neat solution with the thru-body string hole aligning pin. Hope you don't mind if I nick that idea?

Please do.

That is why I post them. So everyone can learn.

I have covered through string fixed bridges to death... then I came across this method on tdpri and I was like "Why did I never think of this?"

Anyway thanks to the guys over at tdpri.

Yeah, I used your earlier posted method (self-centering drill in the top, drill outer holes thru, flip bridge onto back, join the dots etc) to do the bridge on my SY7, but I still experienced a bit of "drill drift" between top and bottom - the string holes on the top ended up perfectly aligned, but the ferrules underneath were just a little on the wavy side when viewed inline. New method looks interesting, will have to try it out later on.

Yeah, I used your earlier posted method (self-centering drill in the top, drill outer holes thru, flip bridge onto back, join the dots etc) to do the bridge on my SY7, but I still experienced a bit of "drill drift" between top and bottom - the string holes on the top ended up perfectly aligned, but the ferrules underneath were just a little on the wavy side when viewed inline. New method looks interesting, will have to try it out later on.

Find a short 1/8" bit. It is the key.

Starting on stainless steal frets. I managed to destroy a set of flush cut side cutters and my favorite set of end nippers. Long story short my ideal angle side cutters that I turned in to flush cutters cut stainless steel fretwire like butter. They were great except they didn't fit in between the lower frets so I modified them. Now they are awesome.

P4180146.jpg

P4180147.jpg

P4180148.jpg