#4 Has An F-hole

ScottR

quilt always looks good under natural light. You indoor piks will improve if you take the shot with a window behind you or beside you - so the light hits the guitar better. But then some windows filter UV & can change the look of your top on piks. So nathral light is always best.

Having said that, still looks great

Thanks for the wows guys. Paulie, I used to think I could take a decent picture, but guitars do not co-operate too well for me. (of course I used to use an Olympic 35mm SLR, and even spent some time in the darkroom, too.) Oh well, the rest of the shots will just have to be outside.....which is where I prefer to be anyway. :)

SR

Thanks for the wows guys. Paulie, I used to think I could take a decent picture, but guitars do not co-operate too well for me. (of course I used to use an Olympic 35mm SLR, and even spent some time in the darkroom, too.) Oh well, the rest of the shots will just have to be outside.....which is where I prefer to be anyway. :)

SR

HA HA HA, yea they dont always photo very well too easily. That red Prs from last month was a demon. I think the "bad photo ninjas" were out to get me that day. I snapped it in the workshop, with the window uncovered & the door open. I have white walls (kinda) & my ceiling is a twin skin cladding panel with an aluminium inner face that I polished to reflect light back down into the shop (when its not filthy with dust). I also have 4 halogen bulbs in there so its bright as an operating theater.

But still - I took about 200 piks to get maby 12 good ones, & even they were only OK.

But who cares, this gitir is lookin fairly cool anyway, plenty of time to wait out the bad pik ninjas yet

Wow....

I have an uneasy feeling about this guitar...like...when I get my hands on it, I'm just gonna get mad that it's not mine.

This one's looking beautiful, Scott!!

:P

It won't be long now before you get a chance to test that feeling out....

.....if you get too uneasy I'll let you borrow it from time to time.

And thanks.

SR

Edited by ScottR

Absolutely beautiful build sir! This thread will be a good reference for my upcoming semi hollow project!

Thanks Levi. I hope you do find it useful. Are you going to be posting your upcoming project?

SR

Sure will! I need to finish my current build first, or at least almost finish it before I move on to the next :lol: I'm no RestorationAD.

I made a rookie mistake. I let my headstock get too thin while I was shaping it. I saw it of course, but wasn't worried about it because jatobe with an ebony cap is about as stiff as it gets. But Gotoh tuners have a barrel that only goes so deep, and the bottom line was it wouldn't tighten on my headstock.

I decided to make some foundations...feet....shims...whatever out of ebony. It would be like a back strap...only with all the non essential wood removed for weight reduction. :blush

IMG_1784.JPG

IMG_1785.JPG

IMG_1786.JPG

IMG_1788.JPG

I'm the only one that's ever had to deal with this, right?

SR

Yep....that thing is looking ridiculous.

As constructive criticism - or maybe a matter of personal choice - I'd be looking for bigger knobs or smaller divots around the knobs and switch. They look awfully big in the photos.

BTW, as much as I love the front of that guitar, the back is just as breathtaking to me. LOVE that burst with the deep grain of the Mohogany. I sort of want one that looks like that on the front now....

That came out superb. I agree with Skull a bit on the knobs. Bigger speed knobs in black or clear might fill out the recesses better. At the same time I think the reflections of the knurls on the knobs looks pretty damn cool.

Nice job on the tuner shims. Don't breathe another word about the "mistake". Its a feature now.