#4 Has An F-hole

ScottR

I'm glad you like it sir.

Now if I could only figure out how to take a picture of it.......and only it.

SR

I have said a hundred times it is harder to photograph a guitar than build one...

Looks great Scott.

How do you like the bridge? (I am using it on several guitars this year)

The bridge is nice, it's built like a tank (to quote you), it looks good, and it's comfortable to rest the heel of your hand on. The only bridges that I can personally make a comparison to it are a TOM and a Schaller non-trem roller bridge. The only thing I like about TOMs are the classic looks. The Schaller has one more adjustment--string spacing-- and the saddle height and intonation adjustments are easier to make than on the ABM. But the Schaller is not string through and not as comfortable against your heel as the ABM. And while the Scaller is pretty well built, it is probably not as solid as the ABM. I'll certainly use it again.

SR

The bridge is nice, it's built like a tank (to quote you), it looks good, and it's comfortable to rest the heel of your hand on. The only bridges that I can personally make a comparison to it are a TOM and a Schaller non-trem roller bridge. The only thing I like about TOMs are the classic looks. The Schaller has one more adjustment--string spacing-- and the saddle height and intonation adjustments are easier to make than on the ABM. But the Schaller is not string through and not as comfortable against your heel as the ABM. And while the Scaller is pretty well built, it is probably not as solid as the ABM. I'll certainly use it again.

SR

The thing I love about them (other than being built like a tank) is the low profile. Using the ABM I am able to get the tops of the saddles really close to the top of the body. This allows me to improve the ergonomics of hand placement. I also love the fact that once locked down the saddles are LOCKED down. You will never get any unwanted overtones from this bridge.

I love the hipshot but it suffers from strat bridge syndrome. Not as bad because they are very well made but still the saddles are not locked in place. There are screws and springs that can cause unwanted noise.

The only other issues I ever have with ABM hardware is supply... ALLPARTS always runs out of them and I get stuck waiting months for them.

Those are definitely advantages. The Schaller has a similar profile height, but it is not as smooth. And the saddles lock with one screw, instead of the six allen heads. But the rollers do not lock, so you can change the spacing by accident, and it also springs so the noise issue would be there as well. Head to head the ABM would come out on top.

But supply issues suck. I have to deal with those on my day job....I don't have much patience for that particular problem. That would turn into a good excuse to try something new.

SR

She has no need to communicate...her body does all the talking for her.I used to be one of the guys who blew her beauty off as "eh,whatever" until my ex(while we were married) heard me say Pam Anderson wasn't that hot and then she proceeded to show me modeling photos from her vast career and convinced me that she is in fact ungodly hot,and I just couldn't see it because I prefer brunettes.

If you want an extremely hot smart blonde,you should look no further than Jenny Mcarthy...another blonde I never thought was hot until the ex disabused me of the notion...and a girl who in interviews is not only funny,but brilliantly intelligent and witty

• Like 1

Oh don't worry,I am sure you are more intelligent,richer,and better looking than she is...just look at your witty quip up there.. :P

But yes,if you listen to interviews with her you can't help but notice that she is not your stereotypical dumb blonde...being jeered for believing a link exists between autism and vaccinations doesn't make a person dumb...intelligent people are frequently wrong.And by the way,she did not come up with that belief all by herself..i remember a stretch of a few years where that was considered a fact...and still nothing refutes it.Hard to refute since the vaccinations she refers to are the ones given within the first 6 months of a child's life..and there was a time when parents were being interviewed and they were saying they noticed a huge change in their children after the mandatory vaccinations.

But as we all know,the benefits of vaccines far outweigh the risks...but her stance was that parents should have the choice instead of vaccinations being mandatory.Not that vaccines should be done away with.

I would rather you did not PM me.If you want to talk about something as trivial as hollywood gossip with me,do it in the Misc thread in Off Topics,because having a one on one discussion via PM about something that matters so little to me in my life is NOT something I am going to do

Matter of fact,any time you wish to carry over a discussion about such things,take it to Misc where we can all jump in and have a real conversation like a group of Bros...Honestly,I won't discuss these types of things via PM.If you want to berate me or call me out,then you can do it via PM.... :peace

The claw marks have returned! and I like it. They are very subtle smooth rises in the finish almost like a ghost of themselves. They are a like a tribute to the battles I had to tame this particular piece of maple and a reminder of what they looked like while I was working the top and deciding whether to keep them (obvious) or not.

They were damn hard to capture in a photo too. The best I could get so far is this shot of a disturbance in the reflections of the mini blinds on the bass horn.

IMG_1921.JPG

I know, it's almost like those "pictures" of ghosts or auras.....

I'm also pretty sure I know what caused those to rise....from the dead so to speak.

SR