Guitar Of The Month For March

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Scott French:

Dude! I absolutely love this guitar- from the wood choices to the design to the matte pick guard. I'll go on record to say that I hate pick guards but this one really enhances the guitar instead of detracts from it. I love the Baby grand bridge. I used it on a Telecaster once and the owner still raves about it's quality. the zero fret and innovative nut setup is great and I've love to play the guitar just to see how that works. The headstock reminds me of old Danelectro headstocks, which is cool to me. I knew when I saw this one, it would be hard to beat... no one was able to dethrone this axe for me so it got my vote! Here's to making you a 3-time GOTM winner.

NotYou :

You clearly achieved the charred distressed look that you wanted to obtain and for that I offer a congratulations. I actually like relic'd guitars but this is on the drastic side for me. That's not a bad thing, it's just not my thing. I will say that I'm not a big fan of the screen or the fact that the bridge pickup is set so far in front of the bridge.

Crow:

Well executed PRS copy. I see no reason that the quality of this axe would not rival that of an actual PRS. The color choices are good and the fit and finish are top notch. I'm guessing the owner loves it. However, since this a competition where the voter votes for the guitar "he or she" likes best and not necessarily the most professional looking, I had to vote for Scott's guitar. I've often said that the last guitar I'd ever own is a PRS... they just seem to sterile to me.

DemonX:

You managed the one extreme shape I don't care for... The sharp V just never did it for me in the world of metal. Again, like above... it's a well executed guitar. I wish you worked closer to Neal... you'd be a great builder for him... or for yourself. Your world has clearly reached pro level in my book.

Campylobacter:

This is will crafted for your first attempt. I'm not sure the narrow headstock works with the inflated upper bout but that's an opinion and everyone has one of those dont they! The fit and finish look good and I love the set neck feel with the bolt on neck. I'm sure this is a fun one to play!

Scott French - Everying about this guitar is executed to perfection. It looks top shelf and 100% professional. I really like the look of the rear of the neck, timber selection works really well I also like the timber the body is made from, looks superb. You've set a level of perfection we should all aim to achieve. The actual styling of the guitar is so far from my tastes that it is not something I'd own personally or even pickup to play if I ws walking through a guitar shop, however I'm sure that many out there would kill for it.

NotYou - Pretty much everything about this guitar is the opposite of my tastes. It does seem from your build thread that many love it, so congrats.

Crow - Nice looking guitar, executed very well. The color of the finish seems a bit "dull", not sure if that was intended. A lot of stained finishes just seem lifeless to me. Otherwise it looks like a fabulous guitar.

Campylobacter - The first thing that stood out to me was the pickups, then I checked the specs and said "I knew it, Bareknuckles!!!" How damn good are they! If this is your first build I'm sure you'll have plenty of successful builds in your future. Maybe order a few more screws next time though!

Scotts guitar was very cool, a clean build and I loved it. However I dig the distressed vibe of Notyou's stuff, it got my vote. I can apreciate doing things unconventionally, I don't think I would ever take a torch a guitar, but I give you props for doing so. Honestly the main thing I dont care for about that guitar is the body style which just doesn't agree with me aesthetically other wise I think its pretty cool. there were some other nice builds, but those were the only two worth talking about from my end.