Eight-string Monster

lmao, I was pm'ing westheman about a build incredibly similar to this! I LOVE IT already! That quilt top looks amazing too, hope everything comes along smoothly as possible.

Whats the wood types for the neck? I was thinking about a wenge/bloodwood laminate, but the tones are similar enough. Looks great so far.

Neck: Wenge and Granadio. Granadio is a rosewood type

Body: mahagony, padouk and maple

Wow that wood sounds amazing! why am I just now hearing about it lol Whats the cost on it?

"Takes a high natural polish works easily, finishes smoothly, and responds well to hand tools. It glues, nails and screws well, and is rated highly durable. Frequently used for fine furniture and cabinetry, decorative veneers, flooring, musical instruments, turnery, joinery and specialty items such as violin bows and billiard cues Granadillo is an excellent substitute for Rosewood or Cocobolo.

It smells like rosewood also."

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks beautiful so far man. Very nice work indeed!!!

I just wanted to ask a quick question about using Carbon Fiber in a build if i could please.

When used in combination with wood can you still use the same tools (router bit) that you would if you were just using wood without any problems ?

Also with the thicker stuff like you used for neck reinforcing strips, is it easy to cut and work ?

One of my main players is a Parker Fly Deluxe and it has to be probably the most stable, best playing guitar that i've ever owned or played (and i've owned a LOT of guitars over the years). I can only assume that the use of carbon fibre in the manufacture of these guitars is somewhat responsible for their greatness so i'd love to use some in future builds.

I look forward to seeing the finished guitar!

The carbon fiber fabric moves without problems, but the carbon rod which seriously tackles the machine

• 4 weeks later...