Metal Tele

Had a nice swamp ash tele body cut out for ages, so I was about time to do something

Flame neck blank, didn't have a tele template so just looked at some pics on the internet and drew one out

IMG_20120314_135855.jpg

Drilled the holes, then bandsawed the headstock down

IMG_20120314_145843.jpg

Ebony board

IMG_20120316_101018.jpg

fretted and end filled with black CA

IMG_20120316_122600.jpg

Had a go at a recessed neck plate, bit of tear - time for some new router bits

Also tried out allen bolts and screw inserts in the neck that I bought of ebay ages ago & never used

IMG_20120320_141129.jpg

IMG_20120316_153050.jpg

I had some tele bridges, but went for a floyd, thats when it changed to a metal tele

Some routing and contours

IMG_20120320_140551.jpg

IMG_20120320_140538.jpg

Cheers all

Sick! I've wanted a tele like this for a while :D Nice fret work too, very well done.

Is that a PAF Pro? Only thing I'd have done differently is sculpt the neck joint a bit more like an old school ibanez neck joint. Cant wait for this one! :D

As is was going to be a trad tele I left the neck joint old school. But having played it, you don't even touch the joint as it only a 21 fret neck.

Yep old school Paf Pro, sounds great when I plugged it in to test.

Went for it today, snake ate my tele

snake.jpg

Going to cut a piece in where it wasn't quite wide enough

Awesome! I love PAF pros, I have about 30 of em layin around for rainy days :D You know what'd be a better pickup for this build I think? An F2 would kick so much ass, it wouldn't even be fair to all other guitars.

You lost me at the snake skin, but still looks AWESOME. If you have the balls for it, I think it would look AMAZING with stainless steel binding!

Hmm, not sure on chrome binding, I want to keep it tasteful..lol.gif

How big was the snake? If I saw it i'd crap my pants, bought if off ebay a few years ago and honestly forgot I had it, found it last week and had to give it a try.

Used contact glue and vacuum bagged the top, then today CA'ed it a bit so I could redo the binding channel and tidy up the routing, so it was actually cutting the skin rather than fluffing the edges

IMG_20120328_154336.jpg

IMG_20120328_154432.jpg

IMG_20120328_154346.jpg

apart from the pickup (the colour just does not belong here) This thing is absolut filth. Im just gona take a pik of it to the bathroom for a while :D

Couldn't have said it better. Great looking guitar. Love the snakeskin. I'd love to get my hand on something like that... Keep up the good work

Pure 80's hair metal, and I'm lovin' every inch of it! The only thing that could make it more 80's is a pointy headstock.

I stand by my original statement. I don't like the pink HB, but that just solidifies it as a hair metal ax.

As proof, I offer you Warren DiMartini of Ratt, circa mid 80's

DeMartini_Warren_snakeskin_80s.jpg