Ntd! (Grizzly Content)

Robbinst

Hey guys! Last Friday morning I got up at 4am to drive 4 hours to the Grizzly warehouse in Pennsylvania for their scratch and dent sale. While I only got a 16" scroll saw from the scratch and dent tents ($25 bucks rather then $150!)I went a little crazy in the show room. Here is what I ended up with:

The scroll saw (works great!)

DSC00283.jpg

6" table top jointer (on sale for $195)

DSC00282.jpg

A Massive table top drill press that can be angled and has an adjustable throat up to 34" (on sale for $255)

DSC00281.jpg

18" open end drum sander [posing with my 14" bandsaw that I already owned](on sale for $850)

DSC00280.jpg

Family photo

DSC00284.jpg

My wallet is beyond empty right now but by making the trip I saved $550 between discounts and no shipping. It cost about $100 in fuel so my final savings was about $450 so it was definitely a worth while trip! I have had good experiences with grizzly tools, they are not made in the US but I find that their quality is very good for their prices. Okay that's my show and tell for today, Thanks for looking!

-Tyler

• 4 months later...

In a couple of months, I would like to hear how you are liking your radial drill press.

Very interested in one, but concerned about accuracy and repeatability with such large unstopped movements.

My other concern where I am is rust!

I have to keep my table saw slathered in 10-W-30, squeegee down a thin plastic tarp and cover it with Goodyear rubber roof membrane to keep the condensate off of it.