Forum Glitch Re: Formatting

I just made a post - several paragraphs, however its displaying as one chunk of text

I went to edit post, re formatted it and it still displays the same.

If someones making updates/changes at the moment I thought you'd like to know this...

I don't think that's the only problem -since this morning the forum looks different, and I can't seem to subscribe to any topics. The e-mails I get with the new topics don't have a "subscribe to this topic" link which they used to, and nothing happens when I click on "follow this topic" at the top of the thread page.

• Like 1

I have been reviewing this problem and it appears to be a possible issue with the post editor. Version 3.2.0 onwards of the board software included a newer editor which takes care of all the HTML stuff in the background. Once a post is "committed" then any editing or whatever appears to drop you into editing it in HTML. I am on the case however I am indisposed for the next few hours. If it cannot be solved through simple setting adjustments it may need referring to the software provider.

In lieu of giving out tutorials on writing fluent HTML I can only recommend bearing with this formatting problem. :-D

PS. Yes, I am missing the emoticons also....

I can't seem to subscribe to any topics.
I'll have to 2nd this on. The "Follow This Topic" buttons don't work for me.

Also, regarding the HTML, it's incorrect HTML to boot. There are non-breaking spaces inserted after the periods that end a sentence. They shouldn't be non-breaking.

Ray

This is where I start dorking out on HTML ;-)

You're right, it is indeed incorrect however it shouldn't be functioning in this manner as it is. The editor is supposed to be a full graphical affair will all the formatting bells and whistles. This is my number one priority above minor tweaks and changes. The upgrade was quite a jump in release numbers so changes are bound to feel more sudden of course.

I replied to a thread by demonx and now I can't even find it. Also, everytime you go to check new content it gives you 5 pages of entries from the previous days (in my case, I checked in the AM and then again in the PM and got posts from 5 days prior). Also, the little arrow that says "preview this topic" is not working, I click it and it brings me to tthe top of the page.

This are the little issues I have found so far. I found the previous version easier to navigate. Congrats prostetha, didn't notice the Admin tab till now. Brian needed some help there for the longest time!

If you press CTRL+F5 (or whatever your OS/browser's hard refresh key combo is) then the browser cached Javascript will be forced to reload. Chances are it has done so already if you are seeing the graphical editor now like I am.

ElRay: The incorrect markup is now satisfactorily hidden from sight. Only kidding. The editor will now be inserting p tags instead of nbsp when you insert paragraph marks. :D

I tend to bury instrument builds when something goes awry, hoping that the magic luthier elves have made the problem go away for when I dig it out three years later.

I know that one - prime example my Blackwood/huon guitar.

Also, everytime you go to check new content it gives you 5 pages of entries from the previous days (in my case, I checked in the AM and then again in the PM and got posts from 5 days prior).

Easy fix, this is a new feature I like. The left hand side bar lets you sort the content in different catagories. Click 'Past 24 Hours' to return to the old style or try a new one! *The default is set to unread content*

Edit: ...seems to be working?

2nd Edit: :D Tip: Use the "Full editor" option. :D

Edited by DarkAvenger

Thanks, and it is good to hear that you are getting back on form after your own repairs. Although I do not want to be the "new broom" I think that there is a lot of new functionality on this version of the board software which brings it right up to date. Obviously more on this as and when things happen but otherwise business as usual.